Chapala.com Webboard

New hospital.

I was at the new San Antonio hospital on Tuesday.  What a joy to have a top notch hospital here.  Some of the equipment is not there, but will be soon.  I resent those who throw stones at something wonderful.  This is a multi million peso investment by loyal, wonderful doctors. Instead  of passing on inaccurate information, why not talk to someone who knows what's going on.  Or, do you just  love spreading disinformation.  The good thing is that you do not have to use it and I pray that you don't.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, RIlady said:

I was at the new San Antonio hospital on Tuesday.  What a joy to have a top notch hospital here.  Some of the equipment is not there, but will be soon.  I resent those who throw stones at something wonderful.  This is a multi million peso investment by loyal, wonderful doctors. Instead  of passing on inaccurate information, why not talk to someone who knows what's going on.  Or, do you just  love spreading disinformation.  The good thing is that you do not have to use it and I pray that you don't.

A top notch hospital is determined by it's staff not it's equipment or building.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Yo1 said:

A top notch hospital is determined by it's staff not it's equipment or building.

I totally agree,but it looks like they're putting together a top notch facility with state of the art equipment. It will be interesting to see if they give others, than the founding group, privileges to use it.

• Like 1

To all you guys bitching about this or that here, get sick in San Cristobal de las Casas and get a dose of reality in Mexico.. There neither hospital or doctors are great. Actually some hospitals are pretty scary. You have no idea how easy and good you have it here. My husband just got surgery in one of the private hospitals there and we do not even have facturas yet and probably will never get them, I just will have to report them to SAT for cheating on the texes on top of being no good..

• Like 1

I got bored after reading about 10 of your posts.  I can't believe some of the people on this site.  Quit griping all the time and give the hospital a chance.  There is also another one coming.  i wonder what the gripes will be about that one.  If you don't like the new hospitals, then take the trip to GDL, but grow up.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Yo1 said:

Sorry - but that is not quite true. The "notch" of a hospital is determined by INEGI, a goverment watchdog group. The level that can provide intensive care and a wide variety of medical specialties are called "hospitals de tercer nivel". The tercer nivel public general hospitals, and I.M.S.S. are often also teaching hospitals. Many private hospital, especially "boutique" hospitals, cannot provide tercer nivel level of care. So be aware.

I will be going to Guadalajara and to the hospitals there.  It going to take a while for this hospital to operate proficiently.  Hopefully, I will not need to go anywhere, but I use Quality Care for my medical needs, not Mascaras.  I wish them good luck and hope they keep their costs in check.

15 hours ago, MtnMama said:

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

It's too bad all of us can't put this reminder so politely and effectively.  Let's remember we don't live in the big city here but it is nearby if we need that level of care.  

Thanks to bmh for the reminder just how good we have it here compared to much if not most of Mexico.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

There is a need for small hospital and larger top notch ones. For some o the everyday stuff and some emergency the local hospitals are fine for some other emergency we need to go to Guadalajara.. We chose to live an hour or more of the good hospitals so be it.. take your lumps and live with t, I say.

• Like 2

Beside spending 3 lousy days in a private clinic in CHiapas I also spent some nights in the general hospital there as a friend of mine´s child had to be there with her son who had fractured his skull.There were no bed available so her son spent 3 days in the emergency room on a cart. The parents or family slept outside on the street and in the waiting room on cardboards on the ground... and it is cold in San Cristobal. The patient had to have a parent or tutor with him at all times. That person was given a tiny chair to spend 6 hours at a time. Once I entered to help at 8pm and had to stay until 2 am like it or not. The doors were locked and a guard had to let you in or out.  One woman came in on thursday night after a 2 hour van ride from the mountain. The boy was crying or howling all night, and vomiting, he probably had a skull fracture.. The x ray machine was not working so they sent him by ambulance to a lab. The woman had to pay 200 pesos to the ambulance and 1800 to the lab. She had no money so a hat was passed around. Once she got the money she went to the lab , came back. with the x rays.. but the doctor was gone and would not be back until the following monday so the har as passed around so the woman and her son could take a bus back to their house.There was no bed so they were told to come back on Monday..She went off with the screaming boy.. and never came back. I was there  on that MOnday and she never came..It was just heartbreaking .. and we bitch because the hospital may not have this or that?? get serious.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, daisy2013 said:

I wonder what kind of shops will be on the first floor.

Farmacia Guadalajara is one for sure, and they handle a large and varied inventory of products.

It would be nice if Lidia would move her medical supply store from Ajijic to the hospital.

All these last few days squabbles over a brand new hospital that provides convenience to expats and nationals who may not want to travel about 50 minutes away at night or maybe they don't have cars?! It's impossible to get all equipments in one day. It's perfectly fine for anyone to travel to any hospitals as his/her choice. Choices are wonderful. However, this's just my opinion - put your thumbs away and keep some negative thoughts to yourself - Hospital San Antonio deserves a chance.

Do not attack. I'm entitled to my opinion.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I am still trying to my head around how people who cannot afford a car or driver service to Guadalajara or Jocotepec are going to afford an expensive private hospital, paying as much as $500 U.S. per day? This based on what Ajijic "hospital" charges and also what lower level private hospital charges in Guadalajara. They be willing to provide some dressing, and maybe even some stiches, but after that they will want to see a credit card (which they will block out like hotels do) or a pile of cash, which they will keep for safekeeping.

• Thanks 1

Jumping the gun on pricing aren't you? It is an unknown as of now. Why do you assume that people can't afford a car? I know someone who doesn't drive any more because of medical issues. Go where you want to go and be comfortable with where you want to be. I'm delighted with the new hospital since it's five minutes away from me. Emergencies happen and I will be very grateful to have such a facility so close to me. We're not talking about elective procedures here, it's about life and death. YMMV.

• Like 6