Chapala.com Webboard

URGENT---LOST KEYS

Lost this morning.  Large bunch of keys (no I.D.) including Ford vehicle key (black) and one key on small red plastic tag immediately beside that one.  Approx. 12 in all.  MOST LIKELY somewhere along Privada de la Paz or else near the Oxxo on carrereta across from  Century 21 Chula Vista real estate office.

REALLY need these back if at all possible!  Any help most appreciated.  Telmex land line  766-3580   GRACIAS!

Nope.... no luck.  BUT now have info on a guy who can make new keys for any vehicle even when you don't have one to copy!! --- and he did it in an hour...... your choice with or without the fob thing that unlocks the door automatically  (Yes, we only ever had the one key.......)  

STILL would really like to get these keys back if anyone comes across a wad of them.

18 hours ago, bdlngton said:

How about posting flyers in the area just like you would for a lost dog?  Offer reward, of course.

In many cases, yes would have been the first solution.  In this one... not so much.  One hour route was fast-paced circuitous one (on foot) that covered a lot of different ground..... and would have been really hard to post!  He had already walked it over twice, once in each direction, by the time I posted  And later he even took our one  "super sniffer"  dog over the ground again ..... no results.

My best guess is they were picked up, found to have no ID of any use, and tossed again.... so could have ended up anywhere in bushes, garbage, etc.  Only 3 new keys still to be cut and the it's on to the next thing.  But thanks for your thoughts.

Even with new keys cut, it is still nice not to have the old ones in circulation. I will ask a buddy of mine who hikes in the area every day to keep and eye out. I would still put up a "LOST" poster at some of the popular locations... like this one:

image.png.3450117d9763b17ccd2b8824a743c649.png

But what is scary and a bad guy finds the keys, you do not want them to know where they just might fit. So I don't know whether I would advertise stating that you lost your keys. No point in telling the bad guy where the keys will work.

I don't know what I would do. It is sort of scary I wish you the best of luck.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, johanson said:

But what is scary and a bad guy finds the keys, you do not want them to know where they just might fit. So I don't know whether I would advertise stating that you lost your keys. No point in telling the bad guy where the keys will work.

I don't know what I would do. It is sort of scary I wish you the best of luck.

One needn't give one's address, just phone #.

It's unfortunate to lose those keys. 

I would at this point get the Chapala locksmith to change the locks around the house. 

Make a set of spare keys to keep in your safe. They should all be clearly marked/labeled which key is for which door, etc.

Actually the house were keys NOT in that bunch!  Whew!!  And a spare set of truck and gas cap keys are already booked to be done Monday.  As I said before, NONE of the keys was labelled (on purpose) , so just have to get on with life.

On 4/26/2019 at 6:25 PM, Natasha said:

Nope.... no luck.  BUT now have info on a guy who can make new keys for any vehicle even when you don't have one to copy!! --- and he did it in an hour...... your choice with or without the fob thing that unlocks the door automatically  (Yes, we only ever had the one key.......)  

STILL would really like to get these keys back if anyone comes across a wad of them.

Now that's a guy I'd like to know. Are you talking about a key with a chip?

23 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Now that's a guy I'd like to know. Are you talking about a key with a chip?

As it turned out, was "Chema" in the excellent key place one block est of main intersection as you enter Chapala----- corner of Morelos and Juarez.  333 954 7700  Reasonable English.  He has some kind of wonderful apparatus about the size of a tablet and works magic with it!

In this case, he re-programmed the ignition to the new key!!  You would have to talk to him for more info..... always there at 5 pm or call or WhatsApp to learn other times available.  Does "house calls".

8 minutes ago, Natasha said:

As it turned out, was "Chema" in the excellent key place one block est of main intersection as you enter Chapala----- corner of Morelos and Juarez.  333 954 7700  Reasonable English.  He has some kind of wonderful apparatus about the size of a tablet and works magic with it!

In this case, he re-programmed the ignition to the new key!!  You would have to talk to him for more info..... always there at 5 pm or call or WhatsApp to learn other times available.  Does "house calls".

Heriberto or something, right? Known him for years. Sons pretty much taken over. If he has now the tablet, he has access to all kinds of good codes. I will go see him, thanks. I have a fob I bought online that previously couldn't be programmed using the same tablet thingy, but that was years ago. I'm hoping it's been updated to include my Buick.