Chapala.com Webboard

Long lines for driver's license

1 hour ago, Floradude said:

Oh really.  Now we are going to correct spelling.

And why not?

Would it be acceptable to misspell the names of towns and cities where you come from, up North?

Learn some Spanish, learn the Metric system, and know how to spell and pronounce local place names... we are in México, after all.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

And why not?

Would it be acceptable to misspell the names of towns and cities where you come from, up North?

Learn some Spanish, learn the Metric system, and know how to spell and pronounce local place names... we are in México, after all.

Maybe he´s from New Yawk…..not important there.

No it would not but then I would be an English speaker in an English language country.

Here in Mexico on this website we have Mexicans with whom English is a second language, and we have English speakers for whom Spanish is a second language.  My point is that I do not think we have to be so critical of spelling mistakes.

• Thanks 1

I got a Mexican driver's license.  Never went to Guad. Never took a test.  Paid a service fee to someone who handled all of it and delivered the license to me within a day.  If you want referral, then PM me.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

On 5/1/2019 at 2:00 PM, RVGRINGO said:

We did a similar thing, and got caught with those counterfeit licenses. It was expensive!  We thought they were real, too.

How do you know if they are counterfeit.  It matches other licenses including the highlighted design (I can't think of what that is called right now)

On 5/1/2019 at 1:57 PM, Zeb said:

I got a Mexican driver's license.  Never went to Guad. Never took a test.  Paid a service fee to someone who handled all of it and delivered the license to me within a day.  If you want referral, then PM me.

I know someone who did that and when they were pulled over discovered it was a fake and had to pay a fine.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2019 at 4:45 PM, Sandrita said:

Are the long lines still going on to get your Mexican driver's license?  Does anyone know about Ocotalan?

Muchas gracias.

We stood in three diffenent lines for a almost 4 hours  [11AM to 3PM]  to renewed our drivers licenses in Guad on 14 May 2019.   From talking to Mexicans there, some who arrived around 9 or 10 waited more than 5 hours.  Arriving at 11AM may be optimum; be prepared for long lines.  The people in line were very curteous and offered seats when available to us oldsters with canes. 

2 hours ago, berkeleyboy said:

We stood in three diffenent lines for a almost 4 hours  [11AM to 3PM]  to renewed our drivers licenses in Guad on 14 May 2019.   From talking to Mexicans there, some who arrived around 9 or 10 waited more than 5 hours.  Arriving at 11AM may be optimum; be prepared for long lines.  The people in line were very curteous and offered seats when available to us oldsters with canes. 

I went to Plaza del Torres and  I went to the gentleman who was 1st in line and I told him that I was facing a knee surgery and he let me go 1st.  It took us about 2 hours and we were out of there.  God bless the Mexican people.

• Like 1