Chapala.com Webboard

How can i apply for a gun license and where can i buy a legal gun.

Hello there im Max, i have moved to guadalajara like 2 years ago. In this time i got robbed 4 times, maybe its my european look that makes this possible :) 

I am interested in knowing what do i need to apply for a carry on gun license,i would like to buy a legal gun with a license to carry on, so i can protect my familly and myself.Any information would be very much apreciated. Im ex millitary so having a gun and using a gun is nothing new to me.

I know you can legally get a gun. I understand, though, that is very difficult to do, all kinds of paperwork etc. The former owner of my house had a legal gun. He belonged to a gun club somewhere near Guadalajara that had it's own shooting range.  I also know that many locals own illegal hand guns that they keep in their homes for security ..

Me?  I'm not telling :) 

23 minutes ago, Max2019 said:

I am interested in knowing what do i need to apply for a carry on gun license,i would like to buy a legal gun with a license to carry on,

Are you talking about a " concealed gun permit"?

Sorry

It is almost impossible to get a carry license. Only with great contacts.

Gun store is in Mexico City. Must be approved before you go and only sell up to .380 pistols, it is possible to get up to .38 from private party legally. Larger calibers are illegal.

Look and mexicoarmado.com It has all the info.

Won't get any help with your gun question on this liberal web board buddy , Go to Facebook and join us on Gringos Ajijic & Lakeside Conservatives . Plenty of NRA members and gun owners on there that can help with your questions . We are the minority here , but none the less , we are here .Good luck brother !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

Owning a firearm is completely legal as long as you are a "Mexican Resident". A LTC is also available by may be difficult and almost impossible to get.  Buying a firearm is surprisingly easy. You do not need any paperwork or license to buy, but you do have to register it once you do buy. And you can buy from anyone. No need to go to DF for one. Visit https://www.mexicoarmado.com/index.php . It is a forum where you can buy and sell firearms in Mexico. You can also find all your answers for licensing and registration. Good luck. Ignore the sarcasm and ignorance that you will encounter. A mature and responsible gun owner knows the rules, the laws, and the circumstances when to use and not use a firearm.  Educate yourself and know the laws about gun ownership and you will not have any problems.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I bought a 32 Cal revolver from a private party several years ago. Spencer M (Intercasa on this board) took me to the army base in Guadalajara and I got it legalized. I have paperwork and can buy ammo in Guadalajara, store on Pablo Neruda, north side of street, close to Little Caesars Pizza and about a mile west of Av Americas. I can defend my home but cannot carry it in the car or on my person. If I joined a shooting club, I can legally carry it my car to there and back. 

I bought a 38 special S&W took it to the military base on Ave Vallarta. There is a papelera close to the base which will help you with paper work. Very small charge. Need passport and usual docs. The gun is for home defense only. Which means someone has to be in your home. I paid a wopping 40 pesos for permit. I did have to wait an hour or so.

As a member of a gun club I think you can have up to 10 weapons. Long guns and shot guns etc. I buy ammo here in Joco.  

Carry on in Mexico,you are dreaming. I have a police commandante friend who was finally allowed carry on his off duty because he was being threatened and chased on occasion. Want to carry,go to some of the states in the USA for that pleasure. Shoot somebody here, be prepared to go to jail and more than likely never get out alive. I recommend that you stop reading that Facebook Chapala Crime Group for your mental well being.

• Like 6

There is a special branch of police that is allowed to wear plainclothes and carry a firearm. They are some sort of auxillary police. I have seen them many times in Puerto Vallarta working as private bodygaurds and drivers. Maybe cheaper to hire a bodygaurd. Are you V.I.P.?

• Haha 1

As I said;  Ignore the sarcasm and ignorance that you will encounter.  Not everyone is eager to shoot someone or flash his firearm to everyone he encounters. But, as you can see, from a couple of posts, the procedure to purchase and register a firearm in Mexico is very easy and affordable. And it is not difficult to LEGALLY purchase a LEGAL firearm. The folks on Mexicano Armado are experienced and very knowledgable about the Mexican gun laws. If you are looking to purchase a firearm you should be able to find a seller from the Guadalajara area. Sign up on the forum and monitor the guns for sale until you find something you are interested in.

The only drawback about firearms in Mexico is that guns and ammo are MUCH more expensive than up north. Unfortunately. 

Good luck to you. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 1 year later...
On 4/17/2019 at 10:52 AM, Canada-Mike said:

Since it sounds like no one was hurt in the robberies, why not just get a large dog.

i knoiw you Canadiens do ot understnd gun ownership. Why don't you just get a clue? He needs to defend himself not to die, he needs a gun

16 minutes ago, rjt ud34 said:

i knoiw you Canadiens do ot understnd gun ownership. Why don't you just get a clue? He needs to defend himself not to die, he needs a gun

So, you joined  literally 15 minutes ago to have a s***fit about a year and a half old post?  Interesting.

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, rjt ud34 said:

Apparently you don't understand us Canadians. He don't need no gun here.You even confuse all of us CANADIANS with the  Montreal CANADIENS hockey team. - SNORK!

pedro kertesz CANADIAN

facebook 025.jpg

So someone takes your tv and you kill them?? You may want to move. I am EUropean and look EUropean and have lived here for 20 years without being robbed.. It sounds like someone in the neighborhood likes your house or your taste.. Move to a safer place You can get a gin in Mexico if you are permanent if that is what you want but it is very unlikely that you will be able to carry it outside  or in your car ..