Chapala.com Webboard

Price of pacemakers

Price of the pacemaker will depend on the type of pacemaker. Pacemaker companies are international and I doubt they will change their prices according to region. There are nightmare stories of doctors using recalled pacemakers or those taken from cadavers.  Do not go for cheapest.

Do you need a single chamber or double chamber pacemaker? There are also those with defibrillating capabilities.  Your needs may be different from those who answer you.  Get the best you can get by the most capable doctor you can find.

6 minutes ago, MyHomeSweetHome said:

If you were unaware, you can reverse your heart disease easily with a vegan diet.  Look up Dr. Esselstyn, Dr. Ornish, Dr Campbell; scientifically and clinically proven.  There is a local vegan whole foods plant diet group on Facebook here to help.  

Best well wishes!

With respect that is a very irresponsible statement..and sadly if you're in  the middle of having a heart attack you do not have time to read books

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

I had been working in cardiac fields for decades and had worked with pacemaker companies such as Intermedics, Guidant, Sorin and Boston Scientific in Japan, I would recommend that you should visit drs nearby where you are now and ask for what kind of pacer would be suitable for you as there are many cardiac generators, single/dual chamber, leadless, MRI adoptive. The prices for devices vary a lot country by country as manufacturers mark up depending on the national health care coverage. And of course, the prices depend on the functions.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MyHomeSweetHome said:

If you were unaware, you can reverse your heart disease easily with a vegan diet.  Look up Dr. Esselstyn, Dr. Ornish, Dr Campbell; scientifically and clinically proven.  There is a local vegan whole foods plant diet group on Facebook here to help.  

Best well wishes!

I know someone who may be interested in this group. Would you please post their complete Face Book name? Thanks. And thank you for your post.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MyHomeSweetHome said:

Best well wishes!

If your heart disease is a heart rhythm disorder like Atrial Fibrillation (Afib), diet will not cute it.

12 minutes ago, Tiny said:

If your heart disease is a heart rhythm disorder like Atrial Fibrillation (Afib), diet will not cute it.

If you don't have the proper minerals your heart may beat irregularly. There are at least 2 things going on when you talk about heart attack/ cardiac arrest. Heart attack usually means a blockage in the arteries supplying blood and cardiac arrest is an electrical problem that may be caused by imbalance in minerals/salts. Family history is not fate. It only means a family tendency on how your body handles the nutrients that come into your body. If you can understand your heredity you can work with what you have.  Like with cholesteral, there are 3 body types--One makes less cholesteral in response to eaten fats, one shuttles the fats through the body quickly and another body type continues to make cholesteral regardless of how much is eaten.  Obviously if you have the third kind you must watch what you eat, but for others it is not a problem. There is no one-size-fits-all for cholesteral levels, some families have naturally high levels with no heart disease.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, cafemediterraneo said:

If you don't have the proper minerals your heart may beat irregularly. 

Wow, I need to rush out and tell all of the cardiologists that have been treating me for over 30 years. I heard it on a chat board. I guess I won't need a 5th defribulator. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Jreboll said:

A pacemaker does not correct or fix rhythms.  It just prevents a heart rate from going slower than it’s set rate. 

So what does it mean when the doctor says that your pacemaker is pacing 100% of the time.

Do you have pacemaker?

Correct! Mine is set to prevent my heart rate from falling below 60 bpm, while medication is taken to reduce rapid heartbeat, which was sometimes erratic and 100-130 bpm during AFib episodes. Anti-coagulants and thinners are used to prevent obstructions forming when blood flow is interrupted by such incidents.

My pacemaker tends to operate 90-91% of the time, which means that my heart is usually trying to fall below the set 60 bpm.  If it were "pacing 100% of the time", it would mean that your heart might be incapable of ever beating, on its own,  at a rate higher than the minimum set on the pacemaker.  Such are the 'golden years', which we probably would not be experiencing without our cardiologists, medications and pacemakers.

20 hours ago, MyHomeSweetHome said:

Best well wishes!

8 hours ago, cafemediterraneo said:

If you don't have the proper minerals your heart may beat irregularly. There are at least 2 things going on when you talk about heart attack/ cardiac arrest. Heart attack usually means a blockage in the arteries supplying blood and cardiac arrest is an electrical problem that may be caused by imbalance in minerals/salts. Family history is not fate. It only means a family tendency on how your body handles the nutrients that come into your body. If you can understand your heredity you can work with what you have.  Like with cholesteral, there are 3 body types--One makes less cholesteral in response to eaten fats, one shuttles the fats through the body quickly and another body type continues to make cholesteral regardless of how much is eaten.  Obviously if you have the third kind you must watch what you eat, but for others it is not a problem. There is no one-size-fits-all for cholesteral levels, some families have naturally high levels with no heart disease.

http://mobile.dudasite.com/site/preventdisease?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpreventdisease.com%2Fnews%2F12%2F030112_World-Renown-Heart-Surgeon-Speaks-Out-On-What-Really-Causes-Heart-Disease.shtml&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com.mx%2F#2802

" March 1, 2012 

World Renown Heart Surgeon Speaks Out On What Really Causes Heart Disease.

I trained for many years with other prominent physicians labelled “opinion makers.”  Bombarded with scientific literature, continually attending education seminars, we opinion makers insisted heart disease resulted from the simple fact of elevated blood cholesterol.

The only accepted therapy was prescribing medications to lower cholesterol and a diet that severely restricted fat intake. The latter of course we insisted would lower cholesterol and heart disease. Deviations from these recommendations were considered heresy and could quite possibly result in malpractice.

These recommendations are no longer scientifically or morally defensible. The discovery a few years ago that inflammation in the artery wallis the real cause of heart disease is slowly leading to a paradigm shift in how heart disease and other chronic ailments will be treated.

Let me repeat that: The injury and inflammation in our blood vessels is caused by the low fat diet recommended for years by mainstream medicine.

What are the biggest culprits of chronic inflammation? Quite simply, they are the overload of simple, highly processed carbohydrates ( sugar, flour and all the products made from them) and the excess consumption of omega-6 vegetable oils like soybean, corn and sunflowerthat are found in many processed foods."

• Thanks 2