Chapala.com Webboard

Ilox Update

For everyone waiting for their Ilox install , who prepaid, and is wondering when they will get theirs,  here is an update from Victor Godinez @ Ilox. 

----------------------------------

Hello Tom

Yes we are so far done with ajijic centro, and working in San Juan Cosala now, there is many problems contacting customers who did a sign up, most of them are no where to be found and our technicians are siting in the office.

We are going in the gated communities and also installing underground cable where they already have ducts for us, this has added additional time on our install due to more work needed on underground.

Same day install is being done only when our technicians are sitting in the office from not being able to contact any customers for our team to work or our team arrives at a customer and they are not home, so they call back office and ask for contracts in the same street.

Our techs have 3 installs programmed per day, but most of the days they are not able to install more than two, we have 3 installers and so far we have installed around 110 prepaid customers

Note there is a lot of infrastructure beyond the customer drop that requires them to prepare an area with a lot of other investment, then do the customer drops.   If the customers aren't around they have to use up that investment before starting another area....But things are moving along...just need some patience...

Tom

On the other hand, how long have people waited for Telmex to a) fix their lines (even though the number of repair trucks is HUGE) b) install a line c) wait in the office with all the other people for help from an office clerk d) wait for a refund for service not received when paid for.... ooops scratch that last one because Telmex NEVER gives credit for service not received.

I'm patiently waiting for iLox to get to Riberas. There was an incredible amount of infrastructure needed to even start this project. I'm very happy that there is an excellent alternative to Telmex.

Now, I will add that I've been with Telmex for 23 years in various states in Mexico. It is ONLY this office in Ajijic with which I've had a problem. I'm done and have no more patience for Telmex.

• Like 1

Johnny, looks like you still can't read.   Its not that Ilox can't do more installs...Its that most of the prepaids have left town and are no where to be found to continue with their installs.  Ilox put in all the investment in central Ajijic.  If they can't install a prepaid, they are faced with stranding that investment.  So they're installing others to utilize that investment, then they'll move on to the others.    No, they really didn't get it that the community here was that seasonal...So they're making the best of it.  They have to manage their business prudently. 

What a huge disservice you are doing to this community by implying that this is some kind of negligence or incompetence.   Why don't you read the communications carefully and correct yourself.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, nothernewbie said:

I am perplexed by the statement that they are finished with Ajijic Centro. I am prepaid and have not been installed. Guess it is time to go to their office. Anyone else in the same position?

They are not finished in that sense. They have completed their first overall planned run-through of the area, but are still checking on those remaining.

We are prepaid and we received our hook up last week. After a bit of a mix up as to our address, we are on a privada in Ajijic centro, the installation went fairly quickly. It took 3 hours and it required putting the line in over our house into the casita where we use it the most. The young man worked without a break and tested the system out before leaving. We are getting 150mpbs and are happy with the casita setup, but now have to figure out how to get good reception in the casa. Working on line of sight from there...

Ilox installed our connection a couple of weeks ago. They called from the office a couple of days before to make sure we would be available. On the morning of our installation the technician called about 30 minutes before the appointed time to be sure we were home and to confirm our address. They showed up on time and completed the installation quickly and professionally. They tested the installation with their equipment and asked me to check things out on my connected computer. Among other things I did a speed test.

Very professional all the way around. Very nice young men doing the installation and I am 100% satisfied with the process and the results.

If they can't reach someone waiting for installation not much they can do.

• Thanks 2

My neighbor and I prepaid, we are Ajijic Centro according to Ilox, and neither of us  have  heard from the company.  I did check with the office last week and was told about 3 weeks.   I did get the feeling that the  young lady in the office was just telling me something that might keep me happy and make me go away!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bournemouth said:

My neighbor and I prepaid, we are Ajijic Centro according to Ilox, and neither of us  have  heard from the company.  I did check with the office last week and was told about 3 weeks.   I did get the feeling that the  young lady in the office was just telling me something that might keep me happy and make me go away!

sent you pm.

If ILOX is finished with central Ajijic, why have they not installed my house in La Floresta? I paid $9948 in June 2018 and have been promised installation in November, and promised "this week" 3 weeks ago. I have a CFE concrete pole in my front garden...so what is the problem ? my "code"# is 8Q23+C3...c.Pinos # 340;La Floresta (La Villita).

21 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

They are not finished in that sense. They have completed their first overall planned run-through of the area, but are still checking on those remaining.

Went there yesterday and they are coming today as are they for my friend. Seems they are not focusing on prepaid so worth going in and asking.

As I understand that, "finished with Ajijic", I think it means that they have installed that infrastructure.  It would not mean that all installations are finished.

If you are not at home when Ilox calls, perhaps more than once, what do you expect them to do?  They will 'move on' in order to keep their installers busy, and you will drop down on the list, or even be relegated to a 'maybe they died' list. 

If you were a merchang, holding an order for a customer, how often would you try to contact them to come and pick it up?  Eventually, you would put it back on the shelf.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I know that Ilox phones ahead. I would imagine that if they don't get an answer, twice, they will move on for the time being. What really makes me wonder are folks who signed up and prepaid who have left the country for the season without telling Ilox. It may be an easy thing to forget, but what an impact on both sides.

27 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

I know that Ilox phones ahead. I would imagine that if they don't get an answer, twice, they will move on for the time being. What really makes me wonder are folks who signed up and prepaid who have left the country for the season without telling Ilox. It may be an easy thing to forget, but what an impact on both sides.

I just took a look at my contract. They only have my landline shown yet, on the application, I gave them my cell phone and e-mail address too. Anyone who has not been connected yet may want to go into the office and make sure they have all contact information. In this day and age, e-mail would work far better for communication to determine if the resident is here or not. I'm not saying that the info is not in their database but it should have been on the contract as well. No contact e-mail for them was given to "inform" them that you'd be leaving for the season or on vacation or ?. Hiccups.

Now our main phone doesn't work ,only the one in the casita that runs through the modem. Weren't they supposed to work through the houses electrical system? Also having some difficulty getting good reception in the house.... what to do?

I would contact them. They offer excellent and responsive technical support. The answer to your phone question is no. Electricity is required to run the modem, into which your phone plugs. That's it. If you want phones throughout the house, you need to get a set of cordless. Just like TelMex, the phone only operates from one installation location (unless of course you contract with TelMex or a worker to have more outlets).

Your question about good reception would need more information before that can be answered. We do know that for some reason, the modems Ilox uses have a fairly weak WiFi signal.

7 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

I would contact them. They offer excellent and responsive technical support. The answer to your phone question is no. Electricity is required to run the modem, into which your phone plugs. That's it. If you want phones throughout the house, you need to get a set of cordless. Just like TelMex, the phone only operates from one installation location (unless of course you contract with TelMex or a worker to have more outlets).

Your question about good reception would need more information before that can be answered. We do know that for some reason, the modems Ilox uses have a fairly weak WiFi signal.

So best just to buy a router before install?

Couldn't hurt. Unfortunately, I can't recommend anything; there are so many brands and types and so many not available locally. I do know from past experience that Steren's brand is particularly difficult to set up in a number of cases, although someone on this board recently posted they got one this week and it was fine.

I will be bringing a router with me on my visits to Ilox customers so that eventually I can determine for myself what works best, and how much better any given router might be with WiFi. Right now, I don't have an Ilox installation myself, but I have signed up.