Chapala.com Webboard

Have You Tried CBD Oil Yet? Local Options?

Hi, I am new to the community and am currently here looking over the area in hopes of returning in the fall permanently. We love the weather here and are excited to find an area to spend next winter and possibly move to permanently.

I am wondering if you have tried CBD Oil yet or are able to find it? I am currently working with someone who supplies it and it is made in Mexico. It has THC in it, however it is within the legal guidelines of the Mexico government. It is legal here as long as the THC is 1% or below, which I do have.

If you are interested in seeing what all the buzz is about this oil, I would love to connect while I am here and share with you my experience and what it has done for my chronic insomnia. It is quite amazing.

So if you are interested, please let me know and let's meet up locally and connect. 

Thanks

Sam

I bought some 'pure' CBD oil from the physio therapist near Yves restaurant. I tried it for pain but without effect. I have been giving it to my dog with some lessening of anxiety noted and less scratching from allergies. I can tell from the color and the particulate matter in the oil that it is not properly made. It should be extracted by a form of distillation. The best uses pure alcohol, CO2 or butane. I have made distilled oil using 99.9% pure alcohol and the final color was golden. There should be very little green color and certainly no floaties.

The Handsoftheartisan asserts cold extraction. What that entails I do not know but sounds like a solvent wash or oil extraction, neither of which are the best for professional extraction.

I have yet to find a source in Mexico which provides independent test results showing the amount of cannabinoids present. (e.g. THC:CBD/ml in mg or percentage) I had such testing done in Canada.

There is one company; HempMeds which described testing but offered no results. If a Mexico based company is serious about getting testing done, they just need to find a laboratory with a HPLC machine and assist with securing baseline material. I'm sure Mexico has HPLC equipped laboratories.

• Like 1

I'm intrigued by the idea of this oil in calming my anxious dog....she's always been upset by cohetes, etc, but her anxiety is increasing as her eyesight gets worse.  Does anyone have experience using this product to calm animals, and if so, do you have any advice or recommendations?

13 hours ago, Ferret said:

Do NOT give your dog anything that has ANY THC in it. THC is toxic to a dog's kidneys. ONLY use CBD made from HEMP.

Mixed reports on line on THC influence on dogs (like with anything). Those Canadians in Cancun seem to sell a high quality product with little THC and they use it successfully on their own dogs (I have been corresponding with them about it)...and other dogs.

Sometimes, at some stage (at age 14 and spondylosis, I dont have that many options left for my dog),  it is a choice between harmful painkillers and something like this.

If you believe all the articles about every dangerous food for dogs, you end up giving them water only.

It seems to me that not so much investigation has been done on dogs and THC....and the bad reports are on a lot of THC intake (according to their body weight).

They (the Canadians) only give 2 drops a day with excellent results.

Rony

Thanks Rony but I'm not taking any chances. Granted that my girl ate about 0.5 ml. of concentrated cannabis oil with THC (it was the plastic syringe that she wanted) but she was in the Vet's for two days on a drip detox solution. Scared the hell out of me and I had her at Ladron's clinic within a half an hour. The oil is now kept in the top drawer of a 5 drawer bureau. Be warned.

Dogs should only be given THC in tiny concentrations and getting too much can be a very very bad experience for a dog:/ As Ferret mentioned it is a scary thing for the dog and the owner. It used to be thought that a dogs liver could not properly utilize THC but that has been found to not quite be accurate. They can have CBD from hemp or from cannabis and can have THC if the concentration is low and it can be used to treat seizures, nausea, stress, anxiety, arthritis, back pains, symptoms of cancer and gastrointestinal issues. In the US there are several products for pets that have cannabis in them. Just google products for dogs with cbd and you will see quite a few. 

My previous German shepherd had seizures, a couple every month. The vet put him on a phenobarbital medication and it just was horrible for him. We went to another vet who suggested CBD and started him on that and he never had another seizure for the remainder of his life. My daughter uses it for her elderly pooch and she does seem to be more comfortable since she started it about 6 months ago. 

As legalization moves forward in the US and hopefully in Mexico more testing will be done and this process will be much more dialed in as to dosage and results. 

• Like 2

On 4/7/2019 at 1:25 PM, timjwilson said:

I bought some 'pure' CBD oil from the physio therapist near Yves restaurant. I tried it for pain but without effect. I have been giving it to my dog with some lessening of anxiety noted and less scratching from allergies. I can tell from the color and the particulate matter in the oil that it is not properly made. It should be extracted by a form of distillation. The best uses pure alcohol, CO2 or butane. I have made distilled oil using 99.9% pure alcohol and the final color was golden. There should be very little green color and certainly no floaties.

The Handsoftheartisan asserts cold extraction. What that entails I do not know but sounds like a solvent wash or oil extraction, neither of which are the best for professional extraction.

I have yet to find a source in Mexico which provides independent test results showing the amount of cannabinoids present. (e.g. THC:CBD/ml in mg or percentage) I had such testing done in Canada.

There is one company; HempMeds which described testing but offered no results. If a Mexico based company is serious about getting testing done, they just need to find a laboratory with a HPLC machine and assist with securing baseline material. I'm sure Mexico has HPLC equipped laboratories.

Feel free to contact me and send me a message. I can show you some specifications of what I have. It is from the Indica strain and we have almost 500,000 bottles that have gone out the door with no complaints. The product flat out works, and ultimately this is what you want to know. Does it work or not. Things are regulated differently here as we all know. Specifications and lab studies are for the FDA and the over regulated everything in the US and other places. I get the need for testing and it is important, however we are in Mexico. This is one of the reasons I want to permanently live here, You can not even fart in the US without some sort of investigation into the gases produced :) 

That being said, I do have some numbers and potency's that you can see. Our product does have THC, however we do have 1 that has none and is from the Hemp plant with all the cannbinoids. 

6 hours ago, stuphel said:

Thank you for your advice concerning using CBD for my dog.   Another question:  I see that CBD from hemp is legal here, in the US and in Canada.  But does anyone know about taking a vial (by car) over the borders?

I took it through the airport last year in my baggage that went under the plane. I guess like anything in life, there is some risk. Especially the oil I am buying and selling here, as it has THC in it that is above what the US Federal gov. Allows. I have not crossed the boarder back into the US yet, I am on the 23rd of April, so I guess we will see, because I am wanting to bring home some that I use here before coming back. It works great and I love it and many others do too...

On 4/6/2019 at 4:56 PM, oregontochapala said:

I've tried both that are available locally and I would say avoid both of them. For quality CBD oil at a far better price that is available in both Sativa (day use) and Indica (night use) from people who know what they're doing and can assist you with your questions see www.handsoftheartisan.com/en/ They ship from Q Roo via Fedex promptly and well packaged.

I have one here locally that is amazing. It is actually created in Mazatlan by a small family and it is fantastic. It is pure full spectrum CBD with THC and it works wonderfully.  I have taken several various CBD Hemp oils from the States and a few I had really good results with. I am loving this blend of CBD and THC and everyone I have helped has also seen positive results. You can find my oil at Canadian Style Natural Foods in Ajijic. Howard is going to be carrying all the products eventually that I have. Oils of various potency, one without THC, and also an excellent facial cream and body cream. CBD Coffee coming soon as well.

I will be at the The Tuesday Organic Market in West Ajijic tomorrow at 10 am and I will have some CBD Oil with me. Howard will also be there so find one of us and we can get you a bottle of our oil. I look forward to meeting some of you there tomorrow. Picture of me below but I will be dressed differently :)

IMG_20181210_135117.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CBDSam said:

Feel free to contact me and send me a message. I can show you some specifications of what I have. It is from the Indica strain and we have almost 500,000 bottles that have gone out the door with no complaints. The product flat out works, and ultimately this is what you want to know. Does it work or not. Things are regulated differently here as we all know. Specifications and lab studies are for the FDA and the over regulated everything in the US and other places. I get the need for testing and it is important, however we are in Mexico. This is one of the reasons I want to permanently live here, You can not even fart in the US without some sort of investigation into the gases produced :) 

That being said, I do have some numbers and potency's that you can see. Our product does have THC, however we do have 1 that has none and is from the Hemp plant with all the cannbinoids. 

As a scientist, I find legitimacy in testing of pharmaceuticals. As a human I really like to know what I am ingesting. As a farmer who bred some dominant CBD cultivars (strains) I wanted testing to judge my success. I also really like to know how a product is created, which I imagine you can detail. As far as the splitting of the strains Indica and Sativa, in the scientific world, there are not 2 specific strains but a plethora of varieties with varying constituents. Here is some legitimate reading on this;

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5576603/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5531363/ (this gets into the weeds so to speak)

As a scientist and farmer, I did observe 2 distinct traits when growing these, which I did define as Indica and Sativa phenotypes. The Indica type plants were easily triggered to flower with the manipulation of photoperiod but the Sativa phenotype with much more slender leaflets tended to grow taller and flower within a range of 12 to 14 hours naturally. To me this indicates that sativa phenotypes would have evolved closer to equatorial regions while Indica likely evolved at distance from the equator. I observed some Sativa phenotypes grown out from seeds from Panama, Guerrero and Oaxaca.  The CBD dominant plant I bred tested approximately 12:1 CBD:THC  If this was made into an oil, it would be tested showing either percent or mg/ml.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2019 at 7:27 PM, Kyle said:

Timjwilson. My husband has Parkinson's disease.  Biggest problem is feet freezing and him falling. Think your CBD oil could help?

Kyle, Overall with a great quality CBD Oil, It has had a great impact on those with Parkinson's. I have a video on my facebook timeline that shows this. My suggestion would be to pick up a bottle ASAP and try it. I do not guarantee anything as each person and body is different. That being said, you have everything to gain and nothing to lose. I am going to be in town tomorrow morning and would love to get you a bottle and see how it works. Please feel free to PM me. I will be bringing a bottle to someone at the Lake Chapala Society at 10 am tomorrow. I would love to see how this works for your husband. The oil I have is now in mass circulation and people are reporting great results. Me personally it has worked really well. I have been on Full Spectrum CBD Oil for 2 years and it has cured my insomnia. I have access to a high-quality full spectrum here in Mexico that you can get ongoing. Thanks Kyle.

On 4/9/2019 at 10:45 AM, ficklepie said:

I thought advertising was prohibited on this board?

Well, I am new, however, if it is a problem than I am fine with it being moved. I am here to simply help people discover something that helps them and trying to get the word out. I have read that there are many bogus oils going around that do not work. It is unfortunate that people are going to buy these oils that are not going to work and then lump all CBD Oil as no good. It is a by-product of the industry right now and getting educated and finding oil that is made well is very important to maintain the integrity of this wonderful plant. There is a ton of education that needs to be done about this. People are curious but also skeptical for good reasons. I just have personally experienced the benefits of full spectrum CBD for 2 years and believe EVERYONE should at the very least try it to see the wonderful properties that full spectrum CBD has to offer, including powerful nutritional value such as super high anti oxidents, Omega 3's and Omega 6. The anti-inflammatory properties alone are worth the effort to try this.