Chapala.com Webboard

Pet Free Premise

rafterbr

As Angus stated:  "There is no argument for ignoring the law".  That is my point, too, and so far, Rony, you've failed to address that directly.  If it's a bad law in your opinion, and if you are a citizen, you can work to get it changed.  If you are not, then you are showing  disrespect to the country you chose to move to if you don't obey their laws.  (What is happening in Europe or elsewhere is irrelevant.)   Since Mexicans, not expats, passed the law in the first place, then expats are indeed acting "entitled" when ignoring it. 

They also are the majority of scofflaws seen on the Ajijic Malecon ignoring the leash law.  I walk there every morning, so I have been directly observing this.  As of this morning, there were at least ten loose dogs "loosely associated"with Gringos. What's essentially wrong with that, aside from the legalities?  Some of those walking are suffering from mild disabilities due to injury and/or age and are not very stable. Enthusiastic dogs not under control of their owners and chasing other dogs can cause the walkers to lose what little stability they have and lose their balance. Enough said.

Since I doubt anyone will change his/her opinion,  there's no point in continuing to add any more of my words to the discussion.  Adios.🖖

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just interesting to see that a whole list of very centrally located restaurants ( in Mexico City and many other Mex towns) are all "breaking the law". Has it been amended, is it a very latest law, state and/or federal law ?  Not guilty until proven otherwise, no ?

Ofcourse, having said that, I suspect that all the "holier than the pope" posters (waving their scepter of justice) here always respect the law,...in traffic, hiring workers, paying taxes on income, etc...

12 minutes ago, Rony said:

Just interesting to see that a whole list of very centrally located restaurants ( in Mexico City and many other Mex towns) are all "breaking the law". Has it been amended, is it a very latest law, state and/or federal law ?  Not guilty until proven otherwise, no ?

Ofcourse, having said that, I suspect that all the "holier than the pope" posters (waving their scepter of justice) here always respect the law,...in traffic, hiring workers, paying taxes on income, etc...

So now, you are insulting those who disagree with your point of view?  Shame on you.😏

1 minute ago, gringal said:

So now, you are insulting those who disagree with your point of view?  Shame on you.😏

Petite nature ? 

Why such a sensitive point ? Hmm

2 minutes ago, rafterbr said:

Was not this your quote?

Never in my restaurant, as stated before (and close to the kitchen....not IN the kitchen, when doing the chocolate)

39 minutes ago, Rony said:

What about Hillary?

2 minutes ago, Tiny said:

So the gist of some people's opinion is that it is OK for them to break a law because other people do it.  Right?

Gist is....think twice before you are sure to accuse somebody of breaking the law.

Anyway, ...we are going in circles here and apart from lots of emotions, accusations and personal attacks, you lack the ability of decently and objectively defending your point of view.   I , on the other hand, I gave you LOTS of comparisons, lists and common sense arguments, that you chose to ignore in order to stick to a tunnel vision, old fashioned and totally blown out of proportion thinking.

I reacted to and read your comments, but I will no longer give it anymore time.  Maybe time to close the thread ?

If not, I will dedicate my time to other things now.   Out of here.

Stick with hard feelings if you like and continue to be personal if you cant resist.  Hard feelings are not my style.

Regards

Rony

1 hour ago, Rony said:

Gist is....think twice before you are sure to accuse somebody of breaking the law.

Anyway, ...we are going in circles here and apart from lots of emotions, accusations and personal attacks, you lack the ability of decently and objectively defending your point of view.   I , on the other hand, I gave you LOTS of comparisons, lists and common sense arguments, that you chose to ignore in order to stick to a tunnel vision, old fashioned and totally blown out of proportion thinking.

I reacted to and read your comments, but I will no longer give it anymore time.  Maybe time to close the thread ?

If not, I will dedicate my time to other things now.   Out of here.

Stick with hard feelings if you like and continue to be personal if you cant resist.  Hard feelings are not my style.

Regards

Rony

That's all laughable.  You will keep replying.  

2 hours ago, Tiny said:

So the gist of some people's opinion is that it is OK for them to break a law because other people do it.  Right?

How is that personal when I said "some people's opinion"? You are the one that sees it as personal.

So many of you keep wittering about the law , the law....have any of you actually seen the law or better yet seen a definitive transalation  of this law not to mention the correct interpretation ....highly doubtful I suspect. Ambiguity seems to be the norm with many Mexican laws . I tolerate the laws that are tolerable And tend to ignore the ones I find stupid.

• Sad 2

Heem:  All this current stuff got re-started in a thread over a small, strictly indoor restaurant: Emilia's, where the owner has elected to allow dogs inside.  Most of us have no problem with dogs in an outside area.  If we don't want to "dine with the dogs" we sit inside.  As Computer Guy said,  the law has been quoted, verbatim, on this board before, so there's no point in anyone pretending they don't know what it is.

The one issue we need to be clear about is indoor or outdoor or everything gets too fuzzy for discussion.

• Like 2

There’s one aspect of this terribly stretched out post that’s missing.  Having been in the restaurant business for many years we can quite honestly say that we always adhered to local municipal legislation as it relates to pets and service animals.  However, there were incidents then and even sadly now where we sadly wanted to take totally ignorant patrons ( or now, fellow diners) and physically (read forcefully) eject them.....as almost any dog would be far more welcome and far less intrusive!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Heem said:

I like it. But I will be considerate to my fellow diners and only take my pets to restaurants that I know the owner allows pets. Within the confines of their business they make the laws.

That's right!  Your property, your laws. I'm walking down Main Street. I could shoot you and no one would say anything. Sound familiar?

You come into my office, you have to be branded with my logo. My office, my laws.

For god's sake, it's Mexico. Don't stop at red lights... I'll just run into you. My car, my laws.

So...”  computer guy , gringal and several others “  the whole crux of your definitive  interpretation of this law is  the  “  Service Area “ Verbatim gringal says..Widely substantiated  ,exact law ,computer guy says , it’s all service area ..R V gringo . Absolute B S of course...as Kellyanne  says alternative facts . When I first came here twelve years ago ...few restaurants mostly mediocre at best .These days ..so many more choices some vastly improved .They all need business..not enough to go around .They can’t afford to be exclusionary every seat in a chair enables them to carry on..keep the doors open ,feed their families. Don’t sweat the small stuff...ignore the odd pooch ,enjoy what time you have left ! ..as one by one we creep to rest . 

• Sad 3