Chapala.com Webboard

ILOX updates?

Mostlylost

On 3/8/2019 at 7:09 PM, SunshineyDay said:

Certainly took long enough. I was 69 when the whispers started and now I am almost 72. I watched alot of paint dry but AT LAST!

I wouldn't worry too much - all you missed were hours and hours of mind numbing commercials.

• Mostlylost
  • Members
  • 575 posts

As of this date has anyone who has had their ILOX installed?  If so what package did you choose and how is each service working?

Not interested in speed tests, cost or any thing else but my original question   Do you have it?  what services? Are you happy so far?

On 2/28/2019 at 2:47 PM, cascade said:

Just got my connection installed and am seeing speeds around  60 down and 15 up.
 They called the day before to make an appointment and showed up on time.  Took about 3 hours to do the install.   They will offer to transfer your existing phone number or give you a new one.    Quite impressed so far was all very professional.

Can you please tell me the make and model of the modem Ilox uses?

BTW, Ilox installed cable on Santa Margarita in Riberas on Friday, March 8. I prepaid last April, and there's a loop on the pole in front of my house...

15 minutes ago, gmusgrave said:

Can you please tell me the make and model of the modem Ilox uses?

BTW, Ilox installed cable on Santa Margarita in Riberas on Friday, March 8. I prepaid last April, and there's a loop on the pole in front of my house...

FiberHome   AN5506-02   Not sure if it is the A or B version. The ILOX store has a schedule for installs. You can ask Jessica if your install is on her schedule. You will need your contract #.

Just had Ilox installed - right by the pawn shop and El Pechugon in the second block above the carratera (Marcos Castellanos).

Really nice guys - they called to confirm the address when they were ready. Ilox had called two days ago to confirm the day & time. They got here when they were scheduled. Quick install (about 20 minutes) and very smooth. I'm getting 75+ down and 20-25 up. VERY happy with the service and obviously the speed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, taltman711 said:

The ILOX store has a schedule for installs. You can ask Jessica if your install is on her schedule. You will need your contract #.

My prediction is that “Jessica” is going to be one busy lady after this Post......

• Haha 2

Most definitely not the manual that comes in the box; it's a little foldover leaflet, basically. But it is in English.

Here is a photo of the modem. It has only two ports for ethernet, but it is a WiFi router with a strong signal.

Ilox-manual.jpg

Ilox-modem.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Most definitely not the manual that comes in the box; it's a little foldover leaflet, basically. But it is in English.

Here is a photo of the modem. It has only two ports for ethernet, but it is a WiFi router with a strong signal.

Ilox-manual.jpg

Ilox-modem.jpg

I have recently signed up and only paid for the first month. Is there an extra charge for the hook-up and the modem? 

Also concerning the TV package...are the channels in English or Spanish? Also most channels seem like they are analog...what kind of picture do you get on a large flat screen TV? Anyone have this package and your comments please? Gracias

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

I have recently signed up and only paid for the first month. Is there an extra charge for the hook-up and the modem? 

Also concerning the TV package...are the channels in English or Spanish? Also most channels seem like they are analog...what kind of picture do you get on a large flat screen TV? Anyone have this package and your comments please? Gracias

Why would anyone who doesn't speak spanish buy the ILOX TV service.  Plus only 12 channels in HD.  Read the post by TKessler earlier in the thread.  That will set you on the right path.

3 hours ago, All Day said:

Why would anyone who doesn't speak spanish buy the ILOX TV service.  Plus only 12 channels in HD.  Read the post by TKessler earlier in the thread.  That will set you on the right path.

Did you not read my post? I was asking about the ILOX TV package and you referred me to this post:

"To get the networks, you'll need to stream, most commonly on an android box.  Just google IPTV providers...like Nitro TV, Helios, Vader Streams, etc.  I pay like $10 a month for 6000 Helios TV channels including just about every ABC, CBS, and NBC station in the US."

First, I am not interested in the networks. I see many channels that are of interest to me and since they are American, I am assuming that they are in English. Second, I know that there are only a few in HD, and my question was, how are the analog channels received on a large flat-screen? Next, all these IPTV providers are illegal and require special gadgets, work around and tech expertise to keep them going. I am not into this at all and my Dish TV is very expensive and unreliable so for much, much less I was wondering if anyone has used this ILOC TV service and if they can provide any feedback. Very simple, verdad?

I doubt there is anything ‘analog’ coming across a digital fiber connection..... Standard Definition maybe, but analog???

Also, you are wrong to suggest that ‘all’ IPTV providers are illegal. Many are but.....  Also a smart TV can support IPTV without any of the “special gadgets’ and many/most newer TVs are ‘smart’.

• Thanks 1

Someone posted a chart of the channels earlier in this thread that they are offering and on the top it clearly states there is 79 analog, 24 digital and 12 HD, and it breaks down the channels under that into the 3 categories. So, Sn. Rick, you are clearly wrong when you say:

"I doubt there is anything ‘analog’ coming across a digital fiber connection..... Standard Definition maybe, but analog???"

I am only looking for a response from someone who knows the actual facts about this service and hopefully has had personal experience with it. Gracias

8 minutes ago, RickS said:

Sr. Google knows.....

Sn. Google knows....all your personal information, gathered by its parent company Alphabet Inc. (Google it) and its subsidy minions Apple, Microsoft and Amazon This is a monopoly that only feeds you what it wants you to know and is gradually taking over the uneducated minds of the world, especially those who have graduated from the premier U.S. university's with degrees paid for by their privileged parents and not worth a dime in the real world. These are the people now being voted into politics today. Sad!  

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, suegarn said:

gringohombre, I was in the Ilox office, and the woman there told me that there were only about 9 or 10 channels in English.  The rest are in Spanish with English subtitles.  

I understood that only a few channels that were in Spanish had English subtitles and that most did not. But I could be wrong.