Chapala.com Webboard

Chiropractor

JimnJoyce

2 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

The American Chiropractic Association has long claimed that the American Medical Association discriminates against chiropractors by limiting “patient access to care by chiropractic physicians and all other duly licensed non-M.D.” But the AMA is not being discriminatory here — they are acting in the interest of their patients. Medical doctors often refer patients to the proper experts, and outside of a narrow scope of experts, this rarely includes someone who is a “duly-licensed non-M.D.,” because that person’s views on medicine would not be aligned with their standards of care. A doctor is not a doctor is not a doctor.

If this leaves you asking “so when should I go to a chiropractor?” Well, that’s like asking if you should go to a tarot card reader as a complement to your psychiatrist. Simply put: There is scant medical evidence that a chiropractor is your best treatment option for... anything.

Excuse me you know nothing.   The supreme court convicted the AMA of discriminating against Chiropractors.  Look it up. They also discriminated against chin ese medicine, acupuncture, Native american medicine.  This started in the early 1900 financed by the owners of the new pill business.   Also the AMA doesn't represent patients they represent doctors. 

Do some reading and stop abusing health care professionals because you were taught a false belief.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, lcscats said:

Excuse me you know nothing. 

Perhaps you should take your own advice: 

lcscats   Posted 30 minutes ago

You folks need to go for a walk and get out of the house.   All you have to do is not read his posts.  Why are you folks so argumentative??  You are making this board look foolish. 

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, lcscats said:

Do some reading and stop abusing health care professionals because you were taught a false belief.

Chiropractors are not health care but are professional... conmen.

Message people make many feel better but do not say they are doctors. I have a cousin that went to chiropractic school but quit because he could not continue the deceptions of the trade.

• Like 2

Some chiropractor's are doctors, retired or otherwise.   An osteopathic doctor is qualified to adjust your spine and other parts of the body.

www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/consumer-health/expert-answers/osteopathic-medicine/faq-20058168

osteopathic.org/what-is-osteopathic-medicine/what-is-a-do/

www.webmd.com/pain-management/features/osteopathic-doctor

On 2/19/2019 at 2:33 PM, josearturozaah said:

I have used Dr. Victor Youcha in the past years.

... Dr. Youcha. West side of Ajijic in the big Gym building, downstairs. ... 

...Dr Youcha is licensed in mexico.  He's help my back and shoulders.  No where near the prices this posting shows.

2019-02-19_15-16-16.jpg

\This the place to go, they are professional and fees reasonable

On 3/23/2021 at 11:10 AM, AngusMactavish said:

The American Chiropractic Association has long claimed that the American Medical Association discriminates against chiropractors by limiting “patient access to care by chiropractic physicians and all other duly licensed non-M.D.” But the AMA is not being discriminatory here — they are acting in the interest of their patients. Medical doctors often refer patients to the proper experts, and outside of a narrow scope of experts, this rarely includes someone who is a “duly-licensed non-M.D.,” because that person’s views on medicine would not be aligned with their standards of care. A doctor is not a doctor is not a doctor.

If this leaves you asking “so when should I go to a chiropractor?” Well, that’s like asking if you should go to a tarot card reader as a complement to your psychiatrist. Simply put: There is scant medical evidence that a chiropractor is your best treatment option for... anything.

On 3/23/2021 at 11:10 AM, AngusMactavish said:

Medical doctors now refer to chiropractors, since 1983, specially one that belong society of preventive medicine, they when to refer to another practiconer

4 minutes ago, traderspoc said:

Medical doctors now refer to chiropractors, since 1983, specially one that belong society of preventive medicine, they when to refer to another practiconer

The point was that they even say they are medical.

In the US, "chiropracters are licensed practicioners. Chiropractors begin their education by getting an undergraduate degree with a focus on the sciences. After graduation, they move on to a 4-year chiropractic program with classes and hands-on experience. All states in the United States require that chiropractors obtain a doctor of chiropractic degree from a Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE) accredited college." https://www.healthline.com/health/are-chiropractors-doctors

In Canada, they "are regulated in all 10 Canadian provinces, and are designated to use the title “doctor” similar to physicians, optometrists and dentists after completing the extensive Doctor of Chiropractic degree program. Those professions who are recognized to use the “doctor” title have extensive training in their area of expertise that allows them to be diagnosticians – to provide a diagnosis." https://chiropractic.ca/blog/the-top-6-common-myths-about-chiropractic-treatment/

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

The point was that they even say they are medical.

I suggest that you, by using the word "they", are painting a whole group with the same brush which is really not the case. Any Chiropractor that I have had dealings with have said that they are a Doctor of Chiropractic. Granted my example is very small for statistical purposes-eh!

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

I suggest that you, by using the word "they", are painting a whole group with the same brush which is really not the case. Any Chiropractor that I have had dealings with have said that they are a Doctor of Chiropractic. Granted my example is very small for statistical purposes-eh!

Call them what you like but with the widest brush available I call them all quacks. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

34 minutes ago, AndyPanda said:

In the US, "chiropracters are licensed practicioners. Chiropractors begin their education by getting an undergraduate degree with a focus on the sciences. After graduation, they move on to a 4-year chiropractic program with classes and hands-on experience. All states in the United States require that chiropractors obtain a doctor of chiropractic degree from a Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE) accredited college." https://www.healthline.com/health/are-chiropractors-doctors

In Canada, they "are regulated in all 10 Canadian provinces, and are designated to use the title “doctor” similar to physicians, optometrists and dentists after completing the extensive Doctor of Chiropractic degree program. Those professions who are recognized to use the “doctor” title have extensive training in their area of expertise that allows them to be diagnosticians – to provide a diagnosis." https://chiropractic.ca/blog/the-top-6-common-myths-about-chiropractic-treatment/

They are not required to have a degree in anything before going to chiropractor school.

https://careertrend.com/list-6699232-requirements-become-chiropractor-california.html

It would appear from Andy Panda's post that they do things differently in Canada. As in every profession, 50% graduated in the bottom half of their class. I have been both helped and hurt by Chiropractors. If you find a good one, they are worth their weight in gold. Victor Youcha is a good one and I'm sure there are others.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Whipstock said:

They are not required to have a degree in anything before going to chiropractor school. https://careertrend.com/list-6699232-requirements-become-chiropractor-california.html

A D.C. program typically lasts four years, and to qualify for admission students must complete at least three years of undergraduate education with at least 90 semester hours – and in some cases a bachelor's degree, depending on the school where they apply.  https://www.usnews.com/education/best-graduate-schools/articles/how-to-get-into-chiropractic-school-and-become-a-chiropractor

13 minutes ago, Ferret said:

It would appear from Andy Panda's post that they do things differently in Canada. As in every profession, 50% graduated in the bottom half of their class. I have been both helped and hurt by Chiropractors. If you find a good one, they are worth their weight in gold. Victor Youcha is a good one and I'm sure there are others.

I have never been hurt other than the "day after" pains. But I have also on occasion not been helped.

It was a shoulder problem and he certainly caused excruciating pain and undid all the progress we had made. I ended up going to a Naturopath in Barrie, Ontario who suggested I take magnesium supplements. I'm sure Angus will call them quacks too. It worked and, after three months, no more pain. Sublime relief after three YEARS. Never went back to THAT Chiropracter.

12 minutes ago, AndyPanda said:

A D.C. program typically lasts four years, and to qualify for admission students must complete at least three years of undergraduate education with at least 90 semester hours – and in some cases a bachelor's degree, depending on the school where they apply.  https://www.usnews.com/education/best-graduate-schools/articles/how-to-get-into-chiropractic-school-and-become-a-chiropractor

Yes, for California, it varies. You had said that they need to have a Degree first.

Also as per Ferret's point, things vary by country, and that is also true by state as well.The ACEP, opposes the use of Doctor without clarification that a person is not a Medical Doctor. 

Granted that may be viewed as being in their own self interest.

I have never heard an announcement on an airplane stating that there is an emergency, and asking if there is a chiropractic Dr on the flight.

https://www.acep.org/patient-care/policy-statements/use-of-the-title-doctor-in-the-clinical-setting/

,... must specifically and simultaneously declare themselves a “non-physician” and define the nature of their doctorate degree."

https://www.nccih.nih.gov/health/placebo-effect

11 minutes ago, Whipstock said:

Yes, for California, it varies. You had said that they need to have a Degree first.

I have never heard an announcement on an airplane stating that there is an emergency, and asking if there is a chiropractic Dr on the flight.

Nah, I just quoted and gave the link. Obviously things differ in different places. In the end, it is quite clear that a certan amount of undergraduate work is a definite requirement.

On the other hand, I have never heard a plane annoucement that there is a drunk on board and "is there someone from A.A. on the flight"?

I won't go into the details of my own various back problems over the years, but if you felt the pain I have and the relief I got from chiropracters, you'd know it ain't no placebo effect.

This argument has raged for years and won't be decided upon here. I say if it works for you, go for it. And it don't, don't.

• Like 2