Chapala.com Webboard

jonnyintrouble?

pedro malo

I'm reluctant to bring this up especially if the memory of brings anguish and distress to anyone on this board but my curiosity is killing me!

What's happened to "jonnyintrouble"?  He seems to have fallen off the radar here?  Did he get 86'd from this board?

I apologize for asking ahead of time!

pm

8 minutes ago, pedro malo said:

I'm reluctant to bring this up especially if the memory of brings anguish and distress to anyone on this board but my curiosity is killing me!

What's happened to "jonnyintrouble"?  He seems to have fallen off the radar here?  Did he get 86'd from this board?

I apologize for asking ahead of time!

pm

You can rest assured that a voluntary cessation of posts was unlikely.😄

3 minutes ago, gringal said:

You can rest assured that a voluntary cessation of posts was unlikely.😄

LOL!

I found his post somewhat annoying and incoherent and when I "proded" him, his responses seem rather "telling" which evoked some compassion in me.  I got the sense that he's a "troubled" soul and decided to no longer engage him here.  I wish him the best in life.

About 1/2 of what he posted was very entertaining. But there was another side of him that seemed to be breaking the forum rules, as posted.  I know that one time when I went way too far over the line that I was given a 2 or 3 week posting ban. And I hate to admit it, but I truly deserved it.

If that is what happened to him, maybe when he comes back he will show his fun side. I sure hope so :) 

17 minutes ago, Tiny said:

I think he was just having his form of fun.

17 minutes ago, Tiny said:

I think he was just having his form of fun.

That could very well be the case but would then suggest being pretty mean spirited in a lot of his posts.  But then, who hasn't been guilty of that on occasion?

The fact that he posted in answer to nearly everything posted suggested to me that he had a problem of some sort. Hope he is addressing it.

1 hour ago, JayBearII said:

The fact that he posted in answer to nearly everything posted suggested to me that he had a problem of some sort. Hope he is addressing it.

This was the sense I got, specifically from the responses to my prodding and having had lots of personal experience with mentally ill family members, you learn to recognize certain traits in their thought processes.  That's when my annoyance changed to empathy.  They are not completely in control of things and our reactions need to be adjusted accordingly.  It can be difficult since the behavior can be so outrageous and offensive at times.  I felt bad for taunting him at that point, once I realized this and decided to disengage.  When he comes back, I will no longer "react" and just try to send him good energy.  They suffer enough on their own.  Of course, this could be a complete projection on my part.  I'll leave it at that and finish on this topic.

pm

2 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

She reminds you of your grandma, eh?

What exactly is your problem ? You keep making an ### out of yourself for no reason.Grow up. Why is it necessary for you to personally attack some people here?

Archived