Chapala.com Webboard

LAKESIDE MEDICAL GROUP-RIBERAS

lakeside7

I just spoke with a sales person about changing from a Medicare supplement to Medicare Advantage.  I was told that I could switch back within ONE year without answering medical questions and being subject to underwriting.  I'll probably stay with my current plan which, although not cheap, has served me well and certainly paid for itself.

On 10/6/2020 at 9:17 PM, lakeside7 said:

With respect I would suggest that there are quite a number of people with homes in the US and Mexico and are legit..why in the world would having a home/vacation place here or any place overseas disqualify you? 

On 10/5/2020 at 12:28 PM, Jubilacion said:

From Medicare.gov (Medicare's own website):

• Covers foreign travel emergency care if it begins during the first 60 days of your trip, and if Medicare doesn't otherwise cover the care.

• Pays 80% of the billed charges for certain medically necessary emergency care outside the U.S.

Lakeside7 thanks for the additional details. First off, I highly endorse Spencer's comment to avoid signing any promissory agreement with SAH or other medical provider if they are so certain your Medigap or Advantage Plan will pay for services and is a legitimate insurance claim. That still won't exempt you from an Insurer or Medicare coming after you for filing a fraudulent claim.

Specifically on your comment above, that owning a home in the US and Mexico should not exempt you from Medicare...and it does NOT, however it does prohibit emergency Medicare treatment (see above directly from Medicare.gov) unless emergency treatment begins during the first 60 days of your trip, a trip with a date that began in the US, not Mexico or another international location. How do we know? Because Medicare and Medicare Advantage Plans are NOT available outside of the US with very few exceptions.

Regarding SAH Lakeside Medicare Advantage Plan presentation, good to hear you thought the sales rep Jeff didn't make any false claims, however just google Medigap and Medicare Advantage Plans and skim though some of the broker ads who want to sell you a policy and nowhere will you find ANY insurer offering any service or treatment that is not emergency and medically necessary, while travelling, all with a 60-day travel window from the US. That's why some of us with knowledge of Medicare are confounded by these claims of service here Lakeside. Who is the insurer Medicare Advantage Plan being promoted by that sales rep?

• Like 2