0 to 19   years old      $ 3,250   

20 to 29 years old      $ 3,850 

30 to 39 years old      $ 4,100

40 to 49 years old       $5,700

50 to 59 years old       $6,000

60 to 69 years old       $8,700

70 to 79 years old       $9,050

80 or more                  $9,100

When we renewed last year we needed a copy of payment documents for that year, copy of CURP information, immigration document or passport copy.  I suggest you contact Veronica Munoz who facilitates renewals at an office in LCS for current year renewal requirements. Here is her email address    imssinm@gmail.com

When we first applied for IMSS 10 years ago for some reason my account was put under my birth name even though I'd had it changed over 50 years ago. I've been treated in the clinics and even had an operation and never had a problem. This year we went in and was told that sorry you have to have  your account in your legal name now and that I need to have my birth certificate and change of name documents appostilled. What a pain! Now I have to fly up to the states to have it taken care of.

3 hours ago, dcstroker said:

When we first applied for IMSS 10 years ago for some reason my account was put under my birth name even though I'd had it changed over 50 years ago. I've been treated in the clinics and even had an operation and never had a problem. This year we went in and was told that sorry you have to have  your account in your legal name now and that I need to have my birth certificate and change of name documents appostilled. What a pain! Now I have to fly up to the states to have it taken care of.

https://www.usbirthcertificate.net/  

We called and ordered ours from Michigan and Iowa.  Both sent them with apostile and we paid by credit card for both services (paid for DHL delivery).   It may be worth a call to your Secretary of State or whatever department handles this in the State of your birth.   There are many websites also like the one I provided a link for above that, for a charge, will provide Birth Certificates and apostile.  

When I applied through a facilitator nearly 14 years ago, my IMSS paperwork was also put under my maiden name, though all my other ID is under my married name.  It was never an issue, until quite recently when I tried to book an appointment on-line for the local clinic.  You have to enter your CURP and your IMSS ID number.  Of course, no match was found because the names were different.  I asked in the office at the local clinic how I could remedy the situation.  The young fellow gave me a sheet of paper with the instructions of how to do it through the IMSS website.  There was a form to fill out, and I had to scan my official IDs plus a translated copy of my foreign birth certificate (which I had from my initial application).  A Tramite number was issued, and a few days later I received an e-mail from IMSS telling me to check the Tramite on-line for the outcome.  There was a letter saying the procedure had been completed and I only needed to print out the letter and go to the local clinic for a new booklet with the updated name.  There were no fees involved. 

Check latest rules because in PV and Nayarit, Teresa who works with me checked out SP and IMSS requirements in both states just this week. In Nayarit, regarding IMSS, only a PR may apply and one's birth certificate needs to be apostile / legalized and translated by a certified translator.

In PV, a Temporary or Permanent Resident may apply for IMSS and a birth certificate is not a must.  

In both locations, you pay the IMSS fee and then a medical. You may be then declined following the medical and IMSS keeps the money. 

I compare SP and IMSS on my web site.

http://www.soniadiaz.mx/health-care.html

2 minutes ago, NuevaVida said:

Is there a (local to Chapala) facilitator to help enroll someone into IMSS? I have the paperwork ready, just not sure what to do next. 

You may want to check with the following person.

20 hours ago, ibarra said:

I suggest you contact Veronica Munoz who facilitates renewals at an office in LCS for current year renewal requirements. Here is her email address    imssinm@gmail.com

On 2/7/2019 at 2:06 PM, bontepar said:

Read my post Residence card,can be temporal

Not sure I understand your posting...However what none of you posters have mentioned is the requirement for the "New format CURP"...yet again other hurdle/change to challenge us old farts.....the person at the IMSS window (20-21 upstairs) will give you a request form which requires you go someplace down stairs .....I fortunately  was able to download mine before I left

Oh God why can't we do this process on line....have you ever thought where all those copies go..more trees gone to the paper mill....so much for bring environmentally responsible....and the air quality in Guadalajara to day was terrible...not much better at Lakeside!!!

The good news , we left Chapala on the 7.30 am bus, inline for ticket at IMSS office at 9 am..upstairs and was served immediately....the cab driver who was taking us (3) back to the old bus station ...when he heard we came from Chapala offered to drive us back to Chapala for 400 pesos..which we all thought was a good deal...so back in Chapala at 11.35am

• 3 weeks later...

For me and my husband, we have to get our U.S. marriage certificate and our birth certificates apostilled. So that's going to take a while before we can sign up. Looking for online options. The LCS woman was very helpful, but admitted that their printed list of requirements from last year was not updated to say "apostilled". I had certified copies with me, but that's not enough. I guess that requirement is new. 

Per Sonia two hours ago at https://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?/topic/62895-imss-vs-sp/&page=3

Seguro Popular and ISSSTE in 8 states are now rolled in to IMSS and every 6 months anther 8 states will be added. Now is the time to join SP. IMSS which currently has a much higher fee of 6000 to 9000 pesos per year, denies coverage to those with pre-existing conditions and does not provide full coverage until year three. What happens after Seguro Popular joins IMSS I do not know but I encourage people if they want this healthcare to enrol with Seguro Popular now and have 3 years of known cost and requirements.

The information  in question provided  from Sonia  above  is for Seguro Popular - NOT for IMSS

I am looking for anyone who actually RENEWED their IMSS in JALISCO this year (2019), as to what documents were required (a very specific question).

If anyone has done it - or if Sonia knows - please share.

I re-enrolled in IMSS about a month ago--my 12th year. I use a facilitator in GDL who meets me at IMSS. Here's what I brought:

- current iMSS card

- passport and copy of main page

- permanente (or whatever you have) and copy of both sides

- CURP and copy of both sides

- electric or other utility bill in your name

- my IMSS file to prove past years' enrollment (I forgot that, but they kindly looked up their file on me). They take your photo--you do not need to bring one.

Sonia,  ( or any other  who knows)  - I read your posting 3 times, and still don't understand McTavish comment - so if you could restate why renewing IMSS is a waste of time and money (McTavish comments) - I would greatly appreciate it 

All I am looking for is a simple explanation.

• 2 weeks later...

Just came back today from Guadalajara to renew  IMSS for the next 12 month.  This is renewal #15 for me.

Wanted to let all that  the rates went up from last year ( The 'official' info available on line still show same rates as last year.)

Age 60-69    $10,350 pesos

Age 70-79   $ 10,750 pesos

The process  takes about  25-30 minutes per person - windows 21 and 22 on the first floor.   (average based on the few folks in front of me.  Then you have to go to  window #5 downstairs, and get a payment voucher and then pay (involves going to a bank ( closest one HSBC ) which  they have an account with  and is about 1/2 mile away.

Then you go back with the payment recipt from the bank back to window 21 or 22 (you do not have to wait on line - just go to the window),  - show the apid recipt, and they will give you the final documents for the year.

Archived