Chapala.com Webboard

Permanente - what to do when you move

Arroyos

Since acquiring my Permanente a few years back, I moved from San Juan Cosala to Villa Nova in Ajijic.  Just found out today from Immigration that when you change your residential address, they must be advised within 90 days of moving.  I was way past the 90-day limit, however, when I took the papers in to them today to update my Permanente they were quite co-operative in updating my records (I had to amend the date of my move, and I don't need any smart comments on that issue).  What you need to do is to go to the following website and fill out a form under "notificacion de cambio de domicilio", make a copy of it and take to them with original and copy of your passport and permanente, plus a piece of paper you must pick up from them in advance, which is basically a letter to them requesting a change of your address.  They processed the electronic form for me today without any problem, and they said I should go back to the web site in about 10 days and just check to make sure the change has been made.

Here is the link on the Mexico government portal used to begin the process for filing a change of address notification:

https://www.gob.mx/tramites/ficha/notificacion-de-cambios-al-inm-por-parte-de-extranjeros-residentes/INM829

Plus, you don't need to "pick up a piece of paper from them in advance"; you can write your own letter instead.  A sample form letter is displayed below.

ChgLetter1.jpg

22 hours ago, mudgirl said:

When I did it about 3 years ago, I actually recieved an email about a week later confirming that the process was completed and there was nothing more I needed to do.

I did receive an email yesterday from INM giving me a numero de pieza and a password.  I believe I am supposed to follow this (the lady at INM said to check in about 10 days) to see if it has been resolved.  When I checked today and it says the matter has not been resolved (my translation).  So i will check as I was told to do until it shows that it has been resolved.

Archived