Chapala.com Webboard

Chapala Government revokes zoning change for El Tepalo area

Taaffe

Today's Guadalajara Reporter has an article on the meeting that the Urban Planning committee had last Friday. 

(deleted by mod2 copyright issue)

The pressure from the Chialli Axixic group (and most probably the requests for exact details on the zoning change from their lawyer on January 15-18)  made for an interesting session of this group made up of the President and two ex-presidents (the Degollado brothers), one of whom was involved in the original zoning change last March.  The video can be see on the Gobierno de Chapala facebook page, watch minutes 38-45 for the part on Chapala  where the body language, of the ex and current Presidents tell the whole story.

The current head of Urban Planning, Arq. Rivas, was very clear about the illegality of the attempted project (which Moy Anaya had oringinally denied existed, but now admits), and although it looks like a win, the Chimalli Axixic group will continue to monitor the situation, as well as the other iffy development plans in the area.

The fact is, that all of us stand to lose if there is unchecked building and there is a lot of it.  The committee and the current government are willing to legalize many of the projects (La Pueblita, a 4 story building in El Bajío, the high rise in La Floresta, and many more). Having stopped or delayed the tower project near El Tepalo is an example how the will of the people, and a good lawyer, can move, or in this case stop the moving, of mountains.

I would respectfully request that you delete that link, Taffe. The Guadalajara Reporter is a subscription only service, but something has obviously been "broken" in their security. They are looking into it now.

EDIT: If you don't, the Moderators will.

There is a lot of law on Fair Use cases involving copyrighted work.  Here is an example of what is OK.

https://fairuse.stanford.edu/overview/fair-use/cases/

Fair use. A user of an online political forum posted a five-sentence excerpt from a newspaper article with a link back to the newspaper’s website. Important factors:The use was quantitatively small and did not cause the newspaper financial harm. In addition, the online political forum was permitted to use the safe harbor provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Righthaven LLC v. Democratic Underground, No. 2:10-cv-01356-RLH (GWF).

I think we are all familiar with fair use laws. As are we all familiar with the concepts of integrity and respect. If you want to be specific and technical, this breaks all the rules and laws, because it gives complete and unfettered access to all the newspaper content, which is sold in stores and accessible by paid subscription online. They don't make a living by giving their information away.

18 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

...it gives complete and unfettered access to all the newspaper content...

Thanks, CG. I have moved the link from History to Bookmarks. I have no "integrity and respect" here in Rome.

It is available online and so it is not illegal to post a link as from any other newspaper. 

If the Reporter wants to restrict access they can do so. I didn’t copy content just imbedded a link.

but the topic has been siccessfully hijacked

3 hours ago, Taaffe said:

It is available online and so it is not illegal to post a link as from any other newspaper. 

If the Reporter wants to restrict access they can do so. I didn’t copy content just imbedded a link.

but the topic has been siccessfully hijacked

Again, wrong. The Reporter absolutely does restrict access and you know this. It is not available online under ordinary circumstances without a paid subscription. The fact that the security log-in is temporarily broken is not something to be abused, although you seem pleased to do so. Anyone who is so willing to publicly and flagrantly announce otherwise can certainly not be trusted to report accurately or honestly on anything else, including reports on government activities.

And Angus, as soon as it is fixed, it will no longer be a working bookmark or anything else.

Archived