Chapala.com Webboard

Tepalo in Today's GDL Reporter

Mainecoons

10 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Guadalajara Reporter but you have to be a subscriber to read.

I read all the stories every day and I have no subscription. With the Chrome Browser and the extension image.png.1a6c8ac9696dc5410f8ca236c1737658.pngEditThisCookie, simply clean out their cookies when you get their notice and keep reading.

The 4 main weekly articles can all be read in full, publicly, here's the link for that one:

(deleted link as this is copyrighted material requiring paid subscription according to a source at the GDL Reporter.

Mod2

If you read my Gas Availability thread, there are 3 stations open today, 2 with hardly any lines. Would be nice to have someone post again about those on the way to the airport.

19 hours ago, Go Solar said:

The 4 main weekly articles can all be read in full, publicly, here's the link for that one:

It is actually a paid subscription service, and while The Guadalajara Reporter investigates how a link providing full access to the paper occurred, I would ask on their behalf that you delete the link.

18 hours ago, court0503 said:

Read the article 3 times and i don’t know what it is really saying - other than the meeting was a long one! 

You're not alone.  I still can't tell if they reversed the original zoning permission or not re ANY of the projects.  Clarity is not the article's strong point.

5 minutes ago, gringal said:

You're not alone.  I still can't tell if they reversed the original zoning permission or not re ANY of the projects.  Clarity is not the article's strong point.

If you have attended any "Mexican" meetings at the City, Fracc's or Condo associations...you will appreciate that clarity is not intend when decisions have to be made

18 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

If you have attended any "Mexican" meetings at the City, Fracc's or Condo associations...you will appreciate that clarity is not intend when decisions have to be made

That seems to be the case.  I feel for the people trying to deal with "city hall"..anywhere, but possibly more so here.

Would be helpful if article was more specific about the location of large projects, namely those mentioned in this paragraph:

"The commission set terms for modifying zoning specifications for the construction of a waterfront hotel and two residential complexes in Ajijic."

http://theguadalajarareporter.net/

On 1/25/2019 at 1:06 PM, Mainecoons said:

If I read this right, sounds like Moises and the Chapala government have stepped up and done the right thing.  Anyone who has read this, what is your take?  It is on Page 1 and 2 of the current issue of the Reporter.

My understanding is the same as yours.  However, I will take a "wait and see" position and hope for the best.

Today's Guadalajara Reporter has an article on the meeting that the Urban Planning committee had last Friday. 

(deleted by mod2 copyright issue)

The pressure from the Chialli Axixic group (and most probably the requests for exact details on the zoning change from their lawyer on January 15-18)  made for an interesting session of this group made up of the President and two ex-presidents (the Degollado brothers), one of whom was involved in the original zoning change last March.  The video can be see on the Gobierno de Chapala facebook page, watch minutes 38-45 for the part on Chapala  where the body language, of the ex and current Presidents tell the whole story.

The current head of Urban Planning, Arq. Rivas, was very clear about the illegality of the attempted project (which Moy Anaya had oringinally denied existed, but now admits), and although it looks like a win, the Chimalli Axixic group will continue to monitor the situation, as well as the other iffy development plans in the area.

The fact is, that all of us stand to lose if there is unchecked building and there is a lot of it.  The committee and the current government are willing to legalize many of the projects (La Pueblita, a 4 story building in El Bajío, the high rise in La Floresta, and many more). Having stopped or delayed the tower project near El Tepalo is an example how the will of the people, and a good lawyer, can move, or in this case stop the moving, of mountains.

•  

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 1:24 PM, Mainecoons said:

Guadalajara Reporter but you have to be a subscriber to read.

www.theguadalajarareporter.net

No you have that confused with Chapala Reporter. Guad  Reporter is about $20p

On 1/26/2019 at 9:54 AM, Bisbee Gal said:

Would be helpful if article was more specific about the location of large projects, namely those mentioned in this paragraph:

"The commission set terms for modifying zoning specifications for the construction of a waterfront hotel and two residential complexes in Ajijic."

http://theguadalajarareporter.net/

You can rest assured that Dale Palfrey included every bit of information she was given. There is no magical method for prying information loose from less-than-transparent bureaucrats.

I wish people would be this interested in the HUGE project planned in Chapala across the arroyo from Brisas de Chapala (not Las Brisas as listed in the above referenced article).   Half of the mountain will be gone if and when this development happens not to mention the animals that will be displaced (cows and goats especially).  

3 hours ago, HarryB said:

I've asked Dale to get us more details of the hotel and residential complexes.

I have also contacted Namaste about their water and sewage provisions.

Harry I tried to send you a PM but it says you cannot get them.

Archived