Chapala.com Webboard

For sale by owner

Jingshine

I see you've been a member of this board less than 6 months, and I'm assuming you haven't lived in this area long, so I'll make a serious answer to your question. 

The pitfalls are legion, and listing them would not be helpful at this point. I would suggest you visit Spencer McMullen, a local attorney, and ask that question.  You may or may not wish to do without a realtor after that.  You will need the services of a Notario (who oversees the legal paperwork), whether you list with a realtor or not.

You could ask the members of this board to PM you with the name of the realtor with whom they've had a good experience.  The PM is because this board is owned by a real estate company, so public comment would not be appropriate.

Best of luck, whatever you decide to do.  Personally, after living here well over a decade,  my choice would be to list my property with a well recommended realtor.🖖

Have need of personal real estate company and a go to and sell property...not just 'take a listing'

Professional, experienced, with track record of service based on experience since there are apparently no licensing laws, guidelines

nor consequences for poor and or unethical practices.

Please P.M. me.

Thanks

''

I find it hilarious that the common misconception is that all agents are shady slackers. Certainly we've all had our experiences with realtors, doctors, repair people, delivery times, gas trucks... the list goes on and on. But there are many hard-working, honest agents here.

I was an agent in Texas and recently purchased a home here.  With all my previous experience, I still would hire an agent.  There are so many mistakes sellers make.  They are un-objective about their homes and what it takes to get it sold.  I remember one showing in particular where the seller followed all around their house, even though they had an agent.  That's a huge no-no.  Buyers don't like the owners to even be there.

So right. I watched a well-known local personality at his open houses... he was always there. He followed everyone around, and argued with the agent at every opportunity to try and improve the "look and feel" on the fly. This won him no takers. The agent gently explained to him many, many times that he was hindering. He lost his cool when the agent became a bit more firm in her comments. Then he cratered the relationship by declaring the agent a fool. That agent got him more open houses than any customer has a right to expect.

Archived