Chapala.com Webboard

Are we getting back to normal

lakeside7

I have noticed that the back up of traffic is starting to occur on the carretra in SAT and through La Foresta.

Lots of newbies in a packed Walmart on Tuesday ,  bumbling and fussing at the check out..... not knowing if to use a CC or pay cash..... then deciding to chat to the check out personal about their wonderful experiences in Paradise...and the check out lanes grow longer and longer    .....

Sad to see Moya car wash in Riberas has closed...seems good help is hard to come by

1 hour ago, lakeside7 said:

I have noticed that the back up of traffic is starting to occur on the carretra in SAT and through La Foresta.

Lots of newbies in a packed Walmart on Tuesday ,  bumbling and fussing at the check out..... not knowing if to use a CC or pay cash..... then deciding to chat to the check out personal about their wonderful experiences in Paradise...and the check out lanes grow longer and longer    .....

Sad to see Moya car wash in Riberas has closed...seems good help is hard to come by

Is the Moyoyo car wash closed for good for sure?

No, things sure aren't getting back to normal.  More than 80 percent of gas stations closed in GDL.  About the same here.  Less than half the normal supply getting through.  People can conserve and drive less some but it is pretty hard for that to cover a reduction of this magnitude.

I'm assuming the car wash is closed temporarily.

Every time they try to open the pipeline, it is tapped by the thieves.  Amazing these people can't be apprehended and stopped.

I think there are a lot of people driving around who don't realize they should be conserving their gas. The seriousness of the problem has not sunk in. I will not move my car until it is an emergency. Workers need the gas. After draining all these station tanks, this problem could go on for months if not longer.

BP by the Oxxo in La Canacinta (west of Ajijic) does not have much of a line right now, if you need gas.

On 1/22/2019 at 10:33 PM, bdlngton said:

Is the Moyoyo car wash closed for good for sure?

We spoke to the owner and he said he is going to try and just sell cars.  If that does not work out well, he will go back to washing cars.  Those were his comments of a week ago.  He did say it is extremely hard to get good help when operating a car wash.

Archived