Chapala.com Webboard

odd or even

monadog

The Mexican government is in New York this week checking the availability of fuel trucks. The US manufactures have 3,500 trucks in stock without tanks. The combination of several companies can build the tanks on the trucks in 4 months at a total cost of about $132,000 UDS per tanker depending on the tank pressure specifications etc.. I think this will speed up things. The fuel capacity of these large single tank tankers is less than the ones originally wanted with a trailer tank but progress is being made. If the 30,000 liter capacity fuel trucks instead of the 60,000 liter capacity fuel trucks wanted are bought they will purchase one thousand.

500 X $132,000 = $66,000,000.

They will be owned and operated by the military branch of the Mexican government is the latest proposal but not comfirmed yet, not owned and operated by Pemex.

https://www.google.com/search?q=México+compra+500+camiones+de+combustible&oq=México+compra+500+camiones+de+combustible&aqs=chrome..69i57j33.2056j0j4&client=ms-android-americamovil-es&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

If true this is a great idea.  If soldiers drive and guard trucks there will be a lot less theft of gasoline trucks and fuel.  May be a few soldiers killed which will be unfortunate but Pemex has proven its drivers can't be trusted.

26 minutes ago, rafterbr said:

If true this is a great idea.  If soldiers drive and guard trucks there will be a lot less theft of gasoline trucks and fuel.  May be a few soldiers killed which will be unfortunate but Pemex has proven its drivers can't be trusted.

The story I have been hearing from several Mexicans is that AMLO informed Pemex he wanted to shut pipeline and Pemex assured him that they could deliver in trucks. They knew that there would be a big disruption, but being afraid that AMLO was about to really crack down on Pemex, thought the people would blame AMLO and not Pemex, and thus slow down AMLO attacking Pemex. Kinda like what you hear NOB: Disrupt, Disrupt, Disrupt ! I am seeing a lot of similarities between those 2 governments.and the Disruptors.

11 minutes ago, jonnyintrouble said:

We assume the military is law-abiding.  Why?

If a car filled with coke, arms, and reams of dosh is stopped and searched on some desolate stretch of Highway 1 in the Baja, what happens next?  Likely the feds, state police and military, all whom have jurisdiction in that area, converge and tally up the booty.  Very few choir boys become high-ranking police and military personal.  Or do my words exit by way of the anus?

You falsely assume the new federal investigators checking fuel theft would not know how much fuel is in every tanker truck when it is filled up, who are the drivers and how much fuel reached it's destination at a storage facilty and when. In otherwords not a well thought out response just another typical opportunity to put down Mexicans.

Archived