Chapala.com Webboard

Where to buy/order steel guitar strings

MoAndMoose

Anyone know where to buy or order steel acoustic guitar strings in Ajijic/Chapala?  Help! My high E string broke and I'm guitar-less til i can replace it!  I searched online for Guad music stores, and the ones i found hardly carry anything in the way of strings, let alone acoustic steel.  Amazon wants to charge $30 for shipping one set of strings to Mexico. Not sure about the music store in San Antonio, but at this writing (Sat. morn), it doesn't look like it'll be open til Tuesday.  Anyone?  I'm having withdrawal symptoms.  Shaking so hard it's difficult to type ...

On 1/19/2019 at 11:14 AM, Bisbee Gal said:

At Amazon Mexico there are some that are available 1 day delivery (free with Prime).  

Thanks, Bisbee Gal!  That's really helpful.  I signed up for Amazon.com.mx (somehow, after more than a year here we hadn't figured out that amazon.com.mx is a whole different thing that requires a different account from your amazon.com account.  And then - voila! - I bought a pack of strings with 1-day delivery... until ... the next day happened (that would be today) and I got a note saying my shipment would be delayed til Feb. 6.  Feb. 6!  2 ½ more weeks without a guitar!  Anyway, thanks for the tip on amazon.com.mx.  We'll use it a lot, I'm sure.

Archived