Chapala.com Webboard

Gas oven repair

Sandrita

There is only one repair person (imho) that is worth calling. Gualberto Real (father and son). Those two can repair ANY major appliance and are efficient, personable, on time and reasonably priced.

Landline: 765-5653 and cell phone: 331-026-5450.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like your oven igniter is not working.  They frequently have to be replaced.  One cause of the igniter not working is the igniter sometimes  gets lint and  other debris stopping up the pilot.  If this is the cause you can take a straw and blow hard on the pilot and blow the lint away. The straw is a trick a gas technician showed me.  This trick can be used on any gas burning stove or water heater.  Try it before calling a technician.

We have a quite new Maytag stove.   The burners work well.   The oven ignites and heats to (approximately) the temperature on the dial.  However, often, after about 15 minutes, there is no more flame.  We think that it turns itself off when it reaches the set temperature.  The problem is, it doesn't come back on as the oven cools.

We basically have to stand and watch the oven when something is cooking, and turn the oven back on manually when it turns itself off.  We wondered if it is a lack of oxygen to fuel the flame, and have opened up the broiling cupboard underneath to see if that helps, but it doesn't seem to.  Before we call a repairman in, does anyone have any insight as to what's going on?  

• 3 years later...

Stuphel, what was the outcome of your oven dilemma? We are renting and the practically new Bosch is doing the same thing your Maytag did. Baking a cake, the oven turns off but I’m unable to see the flame and you never open the door while baking so I don’t know until the baking time is up, only to discover that at some point the oven has turned itself off. Aaaaack!

On 1/13/2019 at 9:45 AM, Ferret said:

There is only one repair person (imho) that is worth calling. Gualberto Real (father and son). Those two can repair ANY major appliance and are efficient, personable, on time and reasonably priced.

Landline: 765-5653 and cell phone: 331-026-5450.

Three years later and the same advice applies. Just call them and get it fixed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rckrckr said:

Gualberto replaced the igniter in my oven yesterday. My experience is that he often does not answer Whatsapp calls but does answer non-Whatsapp calls to his cel number 331-026-5450. 

Gracias.  Guess I'll have to keep trying until I get thru.