Chapala.com Webboard

GASOLINE SHORTAGE HELP

gringal

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pemex report Saturday morning (between 9 and 11) for the west.

-In Jocoetepec the station on the west entrance has no gas. The station at the east entrance to Joco has gas. 2 lineups of about 30 cars each (wait 1/2 to 1 hour). They are limiting you to 20 liters.

-El Chante closed

-San Juan Cosala closed

-East of Piedra Barrenada it looked closed. 2 vehicles at the far pumps-special customers?

-Los Sabinos closed

-Ajijic closed 

14 hours ago, bmh said:

Anyone has read the story about the gas shortage.. In facebook someone explained that Pemex stations report what they sell to Pemex and pay taxes on that amount.. If a staton reports to Pemex they sell 3000 liters they then receive 3000... Let´s say that in reality they sell 10 000 liters, they pay on the 3000 Pemex replenish the 3000 and the other 7000 are bought from the stolen reserve... If all of a sudden the stolen supply is cutoff you have a whole lot of resupplying missing hence the shortage.. Anyone else has read that explanation?

Very similiar to an Italian restaurant I used to visit in Vancouver. Very little signage, always very busy (with Italians). It was rumoured to be mob owned/financed/protected - whatever. My boss, at the time, was mob connected, and used to hang out there all the time. I went a couple of times, excelllent meals at a good price. Then I was emboldened to treat my Father to lunch, we ordered the "House Red" which was some B.C. low priced stuff. It was excellent! So next time I bought a bottle at the store - it was awful(ish). It turns out this wine is sold to restaurants in bulk plastic containers, the owner was subsituting with his excellent home made stuff. Making a fortune, and happy customers.

The dilutant for gasoline is ethanol, sold in Mexico as cane alcohol, 95% pure, but not carbon filtered for taste/consumption, but poor people do add it to their ponches, and dishonest bartenders filter it to neutral flavor, and then add it to the tequilas and rum. The retail gringo price is 350 pesos per liter. This stuff has a kick like a mule, more like a drug than a drink. Believe it or not, the first time I had it was in Yelapa, Jalisco, and I was about 17 years old (physically that is!!!) . I had to drink a two ounce stone shooter of green  95% Raicilla (like Tequila) as a condition of being a card carrying, Tee shirt toting, member of the Yelapa Yacht Club. As usual, my parents had no clue of this, I had to pretend I was having problems with my sea legs (balance) going home, which at that time would have been odd, since I was off and on sailboats all my spare time.

9 hours ago, cedros said:

Pemex report Saturday morning (between 9 and 11) for the west.

-In Jocoetepec the station on the west entrance has no gas. The station at the east entrance to Joco has gas. 2 lineups of about 30 cars each (wait 1/2 to 1 hour). They are limiting you to 20 liters.

-El Chante closed

-San Juan Cosala closed

-East of Piedra Barrenada it looked closed. 2 vehicles at the far pumps-special customers?

-Los Sabinos closed

-Ajijic closed 

The Tapitios are buyinng up all "our" gas...also clogging up our Carretra with their guzzling SUVs

26 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

The Tapitios are buyinng up all "our" gas...also clogging up our Carretra with their guzzling SUVs

The tapitios have been coming to the lake long before we all showed up. They will still be coming long after we are gone. The gas and roads are just as much theirs as “ours.”

Archived