Chapala.com Webboard

photo radar infraction

sunshine1

is there a website one can go to to check the "folio" number for a traffic infraction and get information as to where the infraction took place.  I understand that they mail out a ticket, but ticket is not available at this time - so just wanting to get more details.....

I think there is. I go to S&S auto to pay my annual fee. They go to some site online and check to see if I have  any unpaid tickets. Sadly I do not know the name of the site. I just know that  they check every year before telling me how much I owe.  So far, I have never been caught for speeding, something I hardly ever do anyway.

I don't think the site shows exactly where the ticket took place, just fine, should you have one.

Good luck getting details sunshine 1. I was told that they don't mail out the tickets any more and if you want to see the details you have to go to some place in Guadalajara and it can take many hours to check.

I think you may be right - I was able to bring up the amount owing and listing the infraction, but no details as to what time the infraction took place and where.  They might still mail out the odd ticket as someone in our complex just got one.   Thanks for all the help everyone...

1 minute ago, sunshine1 said:

I think you may be right - I was able to bring up the amount owing and listing the infraction, but no details as to what time the infraction took place and where.  They might still mail out the odd ticket as someone in our complex just got one.   Thanks for all the help everyone...

Yes, it is annoying that it is very difficult to get the details.

I had to go to Guadalajara this time last year to the main station to get a photo of the license plates of the ticket attributed to me. I knew it wasn't me; it took about 3 hours and they finally determined that human error was at fault: the person who types the plates into the system had made a typo. Had to sign a bunch of forms but the ticket came off. At this time of year, when you have to pay the ticket to get your 2019 tarjeta de circulación, you may have as long a wait time as I did. Several people were looking to confirm their tickets.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

OK so what happens if you find something on there from March 2017 they claim you owe money for.  I renewed plates no problem last year 2018 in January.

If they are now insisting on the money can I pay it when I get the plates?

Thanks.

Yes, you could pay but, in my experience from this time last year (posted above), the ticket attributed to me turned out to not even be our car: the person who transcribed the plate number from the photo made an error, and the fotoinfracción was attributed to me, altho no ticket was ever received. I went into the main station in Guadalajara and, after several hours of long line here and another long line there while they pulled up the ticket, after multiple signings and STAMP,  STAMP,  STAMP it was removed. (I did ask the supervisor for a copy of the papers for my files, something he did not volunteer to do.) If you have the day to spare and want to see how the system operates, it's an interesting insight into the how's and why's.

Archived