Chapala.com Webboard

Driver to Guadalajara needed

Marlayne

A dear friend here at Lakeside was recently diagnosed with cancer and is scheduled to begin radiation/chemotherapy treatment starting January 7 for 7 weeks.The two drivers that he hired for this service turn out not to have drivers licenses. So he is in dire need to find a reliable driver or two to hire who have a valid drivers license and are trustworthy enough to get him to Guadalajara early in the morning and wait to bring him home after the treatment. There will be 4 days of just the morning and one day will be all day. English speaker preferred but not required. Really need some recommendations asap, thanks very much. Wishing everyone a very happy and healthy New Year. 

Others on this board have recommended the Miramontes:  Father is Francisco 333-157-8060 and Paco, the son 331-303-4298.  Also, Albert Mora was highly recommended not long ago 331-174-0395.  Suggest your friend talk to all of them as there is a wide range of prices.

I am also getting chemo in gdl. At the  s.p. instituto de canceroligia.

I drive to chapala bus station to get bus at 6am .then taxi to arrive around 7.30 for 8am start.

If your friend is attending same clinic and times and dates coincide could share and split costs. Send me pm

Or if your friend has any questions.pm me.

Thanks so very much to all for your recommendations. I had planned to help out but my car was totaled last Friday in Guadalajara. One other thing is that my friend has a good car with up to date insurance that the driver can use so their own car is not required. They live on the Libramiento in San Antonio. Again, any other people that you can recommend to call would be so appreciated - you would really be helping out some wonderful people in a very dire situation. 

I received a 200 peso discount by allowing drivers to use my vehicle instead of theirs to drive me to daily therapy sessions in GDL. Factoring in that I had to pay for gas for my vehicle, but would not have paid for gas if we used their vehicle, I think I actually lost money with the extra wear and tear on my vehicle for the almost 70 mile round trip. I also found that hiring two drivers who each drove every other day and one could be a backup if the driver for that particular day was unable to drive on his day.  It is a lot to expect one driver to be able to drive every day for 7 weeks, as they will lose their normal business during that period who may decide to change to another driver permanently and with only one driver what does one do if the driver  is a no show one day, you have no backup plan and daily therapy is mandatory? Hiring a driver or two is also not inexpensive. Expect to be quoted daily prices of in the 1000-1200 peso range. Yes, 5-6,000 pesos per week for Monday-Friday round trip drivers.

7 hours ago, Marlayne said:

Thanks so very much to all for your recommendations. I had planned to help out but my car was totaled last Friday in Guadalajara. One other thing is that my friend has a good car with up to date insurance that the driver can use so their own car is not required. They live on the Libramiento in San Antonio. Again, any other people that you can recommend to call would be so appreciated - you would really be helping out some wonderful people in a very dire situation. 

Dear Marlayne,

I would really like to help you in this matter. I am a professional driver holding Mexican and European ( British and Greek) driving licence, with a lot of experience in different countries. I recently stopped working as a chef. I will be available 24/7 doing something I really like: driving and helping people! 

- I do speak English and I have a good enough average in Spanish

- Don't hesitate to contact me for further details at my email address: dimitris.barkas@yahoo.co.uk

13 minutes ago, Dimitris said:

Dear Marlayne,

I would really like to help you in this matter. I am a professional driver holding Mexican and European ( British and Greek) driving licence, with a lot of experience in different countries. I recently stopped working as a chef. I will be available 24/7 doing something I really like: driving and helping people! 

- Don't hesitate to contact me for further details at my email address: dimitris.barkas@yahoo.co.uk

13 minutes ago, Dimitris said:

Dear Marlayne,

Thank you, I will pass along your contact info.

7 hours ago, Al Berca said:

I received a 200 peso discount by allowing drivers to use my vehicle instead of theirs to drive me to daily therapy sessions in GDL. Factoring in that I had to pay for gas for my vehicle, but would not have paid for gas if we used their vehicle, I think I actually lost money with the extra wear and tear on my vehicle for the almost 70 mile round trip. I also found that hiring two drivers who each drove every other day and one could be a backup if the driver for that particular day was unable to drive on his day.  It is a lot to expect one driver to be able to drive every day for 7 weeks, as they will lose their normal business during that period who may decide to change to another driver permanently and with only one driver what does one do if the driver  is a no show one day, you have no backup plan and daily therapy is mandatory? Hiring a driver or two is also not inexpensive. Expect to be quoted daily prices of in the 1000-1200 peso range. Yes, 5-6,000 pesos per week for Monday-Friday round trip drivers.

Thank you, Al, this is very good advice I will pass along to them.

Archived