Chapala.com Webboard

Trash trucks taking all the recycled material

dixonge

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/27/2018 at 8:05 AM, tomgates said:

Where is the recycling center located?

The recycling centre is where the military set up two posts quite a few years back.  You can't miss it.  It is on the mountain side of the Carretera going west, quite a bit before you reach Piedra Barrenada.  You will see a building with trash outside in bags.  There is what looks like a soccer field right next to the building.  The last I heard was there is no one there and you just leave your recyclable material there in bags or boxes.  I hope they improve the situation there in the future.

On 12/27/2018 at 11:08 AM, Ferret said:

Trust me. They are not separating anything after it's been compacted and mixed with all the other DIRTY garbage. I would also suggest that one day a week for recyclables is plenty AND have that day different than the days for regular garbage pick up.

So true

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a couple of weeks since we have seen any recycling trucks on ANY day. The last time it got picked up was on a Monday. Yesterday, no truck. I give up. There seems to be no pattern, no plan.

*sigh* Ni modo?

We were away most of Feb.  Neighbors said no recycles were picked up in that period.  At some point in early Feb. the recycle group issued posters that indicated they would pick up once a week in neighborhoods, according to this map.  Wednesday is our day for recycles; we put them out last Wed. but they were not picked up.  Will try again tomorrow.   This is the map for "supposed" recycling program. 

recycle map.jpg

Archived