Chapala.com Webboard

Boiler/Hot water tank/on Demand

ComputerGuy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have now been through a handful of "plumbers" and "experts" in the last couple of weeks. Pretty safe to say, there is no one unless you bought a Bosch or similar from a big-name company that employs trained service people for their brand.

There are quite a few based in Guad, here's a link for one and you can find others online, this one lists CaloRex, CINSA, and Rheem on the page.     Always be sure to ask the "trip charge" as it often isn't cheap, some have a minimum fee, PLUS mileage, to go to lakeside....and if particular parts are needed, it can be a return trip on top of that.

http://serviboiler.com.mx/residencial.php

I have unfortunately also gained too experience with on demand water heaters.  One of the biggest problems is that they do not work well with a shower tap that has a pressure control valve.  This means that, if your shower has a single tap vs a dual tap (one for cold, one for hot) you are far better off with a traditional or even a hybrid on-demand boiler.  Single tap usually has a pressure control mixing valve and you just will likely never be happy. I have also found that the city water is fairly hard and the boiler and thermostat need to be cleaned every year or so to remove scale and sediment from the thermostat and boiler.  I was also told that I needed to change the thermostat and or get a bigger boiler but cleaning solved the problem.  The only plumber that I have found in Ajijic that seems to know his stuff is Jose Martinez, but even he seems stumped sometimes by these on demand heaters and he is expensive.  Lots of suggestion but really no more maybe "this" will fix it!!!

Archived