Chapala.com Webboard

If anyone is considering using his services, you are welcome to contact me privately.  After 6 months working with him as architect/builder, we have separated him from the project.  For anyone who has built a home anywhere, you will know this was/is a big decision.  Beyond my comments, there are other sources of information on his work.  For those of you that live locally, Francisco Nando of Las Salvias Aluminum is aware of some architectural review board that covers architects, including those from Guadalajara.    If you are aware of this source, you can check on your own or check with Francisco in how to access that information source.

Nacho also operates out of 'Osuna Estudio' ....  

He claimed a background and/or experience in using Hebel, a special building material mfg in Monterrey.  Xella, an Australian company, recently bought out the competitors. 

It's not clear how much experience he really has as he way 'over' bought what was needed for our house.  It's an expensive material, requires lots of steel support and ran the budget over the top in no time ... and there's no use for the remainder of the Hebel.  The steel is a separate discussion. 

There are at least a dozen homes lakeside made of Hebel, so there are others who have some experience.  One is Arq Jaime Hernandez.  Arq Alain Signoret built two places in Vista del Lago over 13 years ago, with long-term good results.

On 12/24/2018 at 7:10 PM, vista lake said:

Sorry 4 u!! I hope u can finish you project, I now sometimes we have only the money to finish and whit this problems is complicated to continue or to trust in other Arq or Contractor!! But you can fin other Arq or Contractor to continue!! Grettis!

This person has several posts on this webboard .... that I did not see until after he was hired.  It may have influenced our decision.

How many Hebel blocks do you have left over? I have seen some nice work sculpting/carving them, mostly in Australia. I could carve one as a demo, and then perhap other people will take it up and buy your blocks. I make my own version of hebel stone using a version of foamed oxychloride cement, which I will be starting up again next year

On 12/29/2018 at 12:15 PM, CHILLIN said:

How many Hebel blocks do you have left over? I have seen some nice work sculpting/carving them, mostly in Australia. I could carve one as a demo, and then perhap other people will take it up and buy your blocks. I make my own version of hebel stone using a version of foamed oxychloride cement, which I will be starting up again next year

I don't yet know how many we will have.  But, when I know, I will follow up with you.  Great idea!!

Archived