Chapala.com Webboard

Need a Mexican Credit card

sqmiller

When I try to use my Capitol One card with the billing address in the states, they want me to sign up for Prime in the states at $119 USD a year. A notice comes up when I've filled out the application for Prime that says I can't use the card because the billing address is not in Mexico.

Just now, sqmiller said:

When I try to use my Capitol One card with the billing address in the states, they want me to sign up for Prime in the states at $119 USD a year. A notice comes up when I've filled out the application for Prime that says I can't use the card because the billing address is not in Mexico.

I have had the same problem. For those of you using a non Mexican account did you use your Mexican address or the address it is billed to?

Walmart and banks do; online, you can find a list of their requirements. Your NOB credit rating and history does not support credit-worthiness in Mexico; that said, the requirements almost all include six months of documented transaction activity, both in and out, of a certain amount. The peso amount of the transaction (I could find $6000mx as a minimum) are then linked to the credit limit of the account, and that won't be above the balance in your account. So, starting tomorrow, you should be able to apply next July 1 with your banker. Best to make an appointment with your lender of choice. It's not a one-stop process.

On 12/15/2018 at 5:25 PM, oasiscloud said:

Walmart will issue a credit card to Permanente residents. Bancomer (and I assume other Mexican banks) will too. Just make sure you pay it off every month as interest is very high.

Only if the person is younger than 69 years and 11 months.

15 minutes ago, bmh said:

We were turned down by Walmart one because of age and the other without reason so do not assume you will get one but you can apply and see what happens.

Same experience here. 

I have had no problems using a VISA card here, issued by my bank in the U.S.  It caters to people outside of the country and they use my Mexican address.  My credit limit is (coincidentally) the amount of savings in the savings account. 

No VPN needed,  and all transactions are handled on line.

I have no credit card from the US and we cannot get one.. We cancelled an Amex because of a fraude problem we had  and could not get a card after that because we had no US address and we went many years without a card after that , until I realized I needed a card to rent a car when I was in Europe..

47 minutes ago, bmh said:

I have no credit card from the US and we cannot get one.. We cancelled an Amex because of a fraude problem we had  and could not get a card after that because we had no US address and we went many years without a card after that , until I realized I needed a card to rent a car when I was in Europe..

Sent you a PM just now

Archived