Chapala.com Webboard

Forewarning for Tomorrow Morning

13 hours ago, More Liana said:

Cohetes are not home made, with all due respect to Mexconnect.  They are made by coheteros; in San Lucas Evangelista, many of the men dedicate themselves to their fabrication--and to the fabrication of castillos.  

And with all due respect to More Liana, there is also a location in Upper Ajijic where they definitely sell cohetes if not roll them, and they also fabricate the castillos. You see them right in the street getting built, section by section. I know because I live a couple of blocks away. KA-BOOM! 😃

I slept through the whole thing today. Proximity has its virtues. 

28 minutes ago, Travis said:

And with all due respect to More Liana, there is also a location in Upper Ajijic where they definitely sell cohetes if not roll them, and they also fabricate the castillos. You see them right in the street getting built, section by section. I know because I live a couple of blocks away. KA-BOOM! 😃

I slept through the whole thing today. Proximity has its virtues. 

A friend lives across the street from a family that makes cohetes and castillos. Yesterday I saw a large castillo on the street being built for New Year’s Day. 

There is a cohete factory in the neighborhood behind Coppel.  They had an explosion and a fire there a few years ago where it was rumored that an infant baby died in the fire.  But it was strange, living downtown Chapala, I don't remember being bothered much my the cohetes this morning, I just slept through them, I don't even recall even hearing them.  This was the quietest Día de Guadalupe I ever remember.  So, someone mentioned on here, that it was the bishop that told them to tone it down this year?  It would have had to be the bishop in Guadalajara, since Chapala does not have a cathedral, hence does not have a bishop, so did he tell them to go easy on the cohetes all over the state of Jalisco?

There is a man who attributes his business success to the Virgin and therefore is deeply dedicated to her. He pays for the noise on the 12th. 

There is a licenced fireworks factory about halfway on the libramento

Archived