Chapala.com Webboard

CFE Making Life Difficult

Curmudgeon

Has anyone had any luck getting their CFE bill online recently? They seem to have changed everything. They used to email me my bill … not any more. And I cant find a way to download it from the website, like I used to.
They are the only utility that will not accept a NOB credit card online.
Since delivery of the paper bill is doubtful at best, this makes it almost impossible to pay the bill without going to the office in Chapala.
Please don't tell me to use a Mexican bank or credit card, since I have neither. For very good reasons irrelevant to this discussion. 

1 hour ago, Curmudgeon said:
Has anyone had any luck getting their CFE bill online recently? They seem to have changed everything. They used to email me my bill … not any more. And I cant find a way to download it from the website, like I used to.
They are the only utility that will not accept a NOB credit card online.
Since delivery of the paper bill is doubtful at best, this makes it almost impossible to pay the bill without going to the office in Chapala.
Please don't tell me to use a Mexican bank or credit card, since I have neither. For very good reasons irrelevant to this discussion. 

I can see and print my bills at CFE site.  After log in, look to far right and cursor pretty far down to Estados de Cuenta and look for the PDF files of bills.  

Being retired does not mean one doesn't have anything to do, not to mention that some retirees have health and mobility issues. Being able to pay online is a big plus IMO.

i have my CFE and Telmex bill paid directly form my bank.  I friend taught me this who has five rental properties.

I do this because i and wife travel and do not want our electric shut when travel. or phone shut off.

oxxo charges fee to  pay cfe or telmex through them.

save  10 pesos every two months, no charge if sent by bank      I save 60 pesos a years plus driving time and gas to oxxo.

make life easier for yourself when retired.

check with your bank to see if they will do it. ( i am not giving my bank name if something when wrong you would blame me)

took two months to get telmex paid by bank

9 months to get CFE paid by bank, was worth the effort  6 years ago

I pay in advance at the CFE office...I pay what I calculate to be 6-12 months in advance and check it online every 2-4 months..6 years and never an issue..the bills have been correct to the centavo. Take a bill and scan it at the payment machine outside the office then start feeding it peso's...or go inside and pay the lady with your credit card..You can do the same with Telmex and cable bill at Izzi (this one is painful do to their miserable service)..This can all be done around the same time that you pay your property tax bill and water bill, etc..Good luck..

Thanks for the responses, even those that didn't read my OP. I have no Mexican credit card or bank account. But some more info; I have two sets of credentials for the website. One is for my house, the other for our condominium. If I log in with the condo's credentials, I have no problem downloading the bill from the list at the bottom of the page. When I log in with my own credentials, however, this list does not appear, and there does not seem to be any way to get to it.

I have been able to get my bill using the CFEContigo app. So all is (somewhat) well.

2 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Thanks for the responses, even those that didn't read my OP. I have no Mexican credit card or bank account. But some more info; I have two sets of credentials for the website. One is for my house, the other for our condominium. If I log in with the condo's credentials, I have no problem downloading the bill from the list at the bottom of the page. When I log in with my own credentials, however, this list does not appear, and there does not seem to be any way to get to it.

I have been able to get my bill using the CFEContigo app. So all is (somewhat) well.

Living in Mexico makes a mexican bank account a must just like its a must living in another country.

Mexican Banks pay your utility bills on time without any fees, have done it for years without any problems. Could not do without it!

17 hours ago, joco69 said:

Living in Mexico makes a mexican bank account a must just like its a must living in another country.

Mexican Banks pay your utility bills on time without any fees, have done it for years without any problems. Could not do without it!

I had a Mexican bank account for many years. Ten years ago I decided that it was both unnecessary and not worth the hassle, not to say the risk.

I understand that many Banks have now stopped paying utility bills.

To each his own. I love my Mexican Bank. Actinver even offers Brokerage accounts. I like their debit card. I guess I feel safer keeping funds in both the US and Mexico, in case there is a major financial crash in one or the other countries.

Oh and back to the topic, everything about my CFE account on line works just fine as it always has.

Ah, sorry, missed that. Okay, I know from experience the login credentials must be completely different for each account. That's all I can think of. If you feel you can trust me, I can try from here and perhaps get a better grip on the problem.

I have a catch-22 situation with CFE. When I try to log in I get the message I have to register. When I try to register I get the message this account is already registered. I have been to the office and got no hlep in rsolving this situation.

Only way around it is if they give you a chance to change your password.  Because if they recognize your account, then it is the password that they don't like. And that can be tricky, because you usually cannot change a password unless you know the original password. Indeed a catch 22. Even fully deleting your account and starting again requires a password.

Archived