Chapala.com Webboard

Capitol one 360 debit card

sunshine59

To my knowledge the Bank at the ATM does not set exchange rates.... VISA and/or your bank do that. What the ATM Bank does do is charge 'fees' for using the ATM. Some debit card banks will refund you these fees but I don't know if the Capital One 360 debit card does.  Locally CiBanco seems to have (the?) low(est) fees at Lakeside.

yes with the cap 360 visa or mastercard whichever you have sets the rates. their rates are spot on to the actual mexican peso rate. it is a very good card to have. i  dont think you get a charge from cap one for using the atm but dont quote me on that. you would get the fee that the atm machine charges here and yes cibanco is probably the lowest fee. it used to be 17 pesos last year. not sure if it has gone up at all but if it did it is probably minimal.

The atm next to wings army is the cheapest with best rates. Santander charges 25 to 30 pesos But it will stop and offer an exchange rate. A new trick some atms here are doing thinking most will assume they have to answer yes but Say No and you will get the better current visa rate.

There are many free for cap 360 but in guad

The closest free one is over the mountain in membrillos.

Cap has a website to locate free atms

But i just pay the 25 pesos at santander

Archived