Chapala.com Webboard

Internet problems in Villa Nova area?

ComputerGuy

It may seem illogical to ask, because if you don't have Internet, how can you see the board... but I know a lot of people use their phone data packages, too. I've had a couple of reports over the weekend about TelMex Internet downtime in Villa Nova... wondering if it's fixed now, and how widespread it might be/have been.

I live in Villa Nova, two blocks from the Carretera.  Our internet service with Telmex has been terrible for about the last three months.  We did have a technician out a couple of months ago and he ended up giving us slower speed than we had before, which was around 8 mbps, whereas we now have 6 (not sure if mbps is correct, but I mean megabites per second).  Today for example, it was very slow this morning around 11 am, as it usually is, it picks up in the afternoon, sometime we loose service altogether and have to reset the modem.  In the evening we keep our fingers crossed to see if we can get through a complete episode of Netflix.  As soon as Ilox gets close to us, we will subscribe and say bye bye to Telmex.  Not sure if we will even keep the landline.

The info about Telmex in Villa Nova is quite helpful, since I was briefly considering giving Telmex a try once again.  I have had Telecable for the past 3 years, and while the speeds will sometimes get very slow for brief periods, I've only rarely had an interruption of service  Even at it's worst I can always get Netflix and Amazon Prime. Seems likely I live close to Arroyos.

Archived