Chapala.com Webboard

Beware juniors body shop

thegogulskis

we had a horrible experience after a bus hit us on the carretera. The ins. Qualitas told us to take our Jeep to raul owner of jrs. shop. Well after telling us 2 weeks in the beginning. Every time we checked on it it was tucked ln a corner in the back nothing done, lie after lie until we had to forcefully take it back yesterday and move it to nearby shop. It was at jrs. For 3 1/2 months. And after telling us many times he had all the parts, he did not even order some of them. I found out Raul told someone I was going to sell the jeep to him. Then he told another person he wasn’t working on it because insurance was involved. I thought ins. Gave him no money, but then he had to give me back 13,000 pesos that he didn’t use from insurance. I understand he used to be a good person. Now supposedly he is the only one Lakeside that takes insurance. But Raúl put his hands on me in his office. And I moved  back and almost fell over his messy bug infected parts all over the place. he said he was going to have me thrown out of the country, that it was on his camera that I called him an asshole.i told him the assault from him was also on his camera! When I was leaving I told him see you soon! He was frantically trying to erase parts of his video. Yes insurance approved our moving our jeep. But with 4 Mexicans guys helping us and collecting all the parts, he finally let us take it. Good riddens Raúl.

I won't go back either. Did a lousy job on the repair and my car is now three colours. Never had this problem with the Autobody shop just west of the Waffle House. Should have waited... but my front bumper was hanging on with one screw after somebody backed into me while I was having brunch at Yves.

2 hours ago, Jack Slade said:

Amazing ! I have used Raul for 15 years. Car, SUV, golf cart. I have also sent a few friends there. Nothing but good results. I have a sense that you  and/or your insurance company may be the problem. Better you go elsewhere. He will not miss you.

Well bless your little heart. I guess all these other people who have had bad results are just like me then. Only one of you. You can have him and the shop all to yourself. Good luck!

15 hours ago, Jack Slade said:

Amazing ! I have used Raul for 15 years. Car, SUV, golf cart. I have also sent a few friends there. Nothing but good results. I have a sense that you  and/or your insurance company may be the problem. Better you go elsewhere. He will not miss you.

Interesting that "Jack Slade" has used Raul for 15 years, but is showing as a newbie on this web site. Obvious conclusions are being made...

For the rest, thanks for telling us of your own experiences. It never ceases to amaze me how one person seems to think his experience will wipe out another's...

I went to him for an estimate and didn't have a good feeling about what he said or his price. It seemed that the price for the taillight was awfully high. So I called Dalton Honda in Guadalajara and they sold me a new one for 1/3 the price. I decided to let the Honda dealership do the work and was surprised at the reasonable price. It was done in 3 days and the work was guaranteed. I was very happy with the experience. Body work is very difficult and I don't feel the local shops have the equipment or experience to do a good job. Just my opinion.

Get a qualified technician to check if your air bags are still in the car. I have had my car repaired at a few different shops here lakeside and in Guadalajara after an accident; later when I traded it in the dealer told me that there were no air bags, he even showed me where they were supposed to be. I am not 100% sure which shop stole them but in my mind they could have killed me; I am so glad that I decided to trade the vehicle (and they found this problem) rather than selling it privately. Apparently there is a pretty good market for stolen air bags and they can be removed in less than an hour.

17 minutes ago, Out1 said:

Get a qualified technician to check if your air bags are still in the car. I have had my car repaired at a few different shops here lakeside and in Guadalajara after an accident; later when I traded it in the dealer told me that there were no air bags, he even showed me where they were supposed to be. I am not 100% sure which shop stole them but in my mind they could have killed me; I am so glad that I decided to trade the vehicle (and they found this problem) rather than selling it privately. Apparently there is a pretty good market for stolen air bags and they can be removed in less than an hour.

Thanks for the info...just when you think you have heard the latest scam along comes a new entrepreneur 

Archived