Chapala.com Webboard

Home health care assistance in Chapala area

Tecolote

Can anyone share experiences with home health care in the Chapala area: For example, are there any agencies that supervise home health care assistants, so the labor requirements are met, and you don't have to deal with them yourself? What is the going hourly or daily rate? Are you satisfied with the home assistance you've paid for? -- In other words, any and all relevant, practical information, advice, concerns.

Many thanks!

I'm really surprised at how few Lakesiders have responded to this question about home health care assistance.Surely a fair number of Chapala and Ajijic residents have needed at some point to hire home health care assistance.

Please relate any actual experiences you've had in hiring -- and retaining -- local home health care assistants. Good or bad? Costs? Reliability? Etc. -- Any information or thoughts would be welcome and helpful!

Letty, owner of the shop Lakeside Medical on the carraterra in West Ajijic can arrange home health care and any equipment you might need such as hospital bed, walker, bedside pot, etc. She will come to your home and evaluate what you need and can supply 24 - 7 nurses, and will give you injections and other meds you may need. She is in the little strip on the carraterra just west of Bobby's new restarant. I can get the phone number and post it later.

26 minutes ago, simpsca said:

Letty, owner of the shop Lakeside Medical on the carraterra in West Ajijic can arrange home health care and any equipment you might need such as hospital bed, walker, bedside pot, etc. She will come to your home and evaluate what you need and can supply 24 - 7 nurses, and will give you injections and other meds you may need. She is in the little strip on the carraterra just west of Bobby's new restarant. I can get the phone number and post it later.

LIidia Zamudio

Here is a post I saw on Facebook this morning, where a lady is looking for work as a caregiver. Perhaps you might be interested in her.

Martha Jimeno shared her first post.

Hello everyone! I'm new in town and I'm looking for a long-term position in Chapala or Ajijic as a: *caregiver *pet sitter *house sitter *Spanish teacher *professional translator/interpreter (English-Spanish-English). I'm fully bilingual honest, reliable, and have excellent personal & job references. I Have computer skills and am an excellent driver; I can drive you to your doctor's appointments or, as a change of scenery, out for lunch. Name: Martha. Whatsapp: 3327994203.

I was very happy with Lidia's choices when my hubby needed extra help. She also provided an oxygen concentrator when the hospital informed me that he needed one AS we were leaving the hospital. In 2013, the going rate for a qualified nurse was 500 pesos for the day. Give her a call and ask your questions. 333-156-9080 is the cell number that I have.

On 11/27/2018 at 11:36 PM, Tecolote said:

I'm really surprised at how few Lakesiders have responded to this question about home health care assistance.Surely a fair number of Chapala and Ajijic residents have needed at some point to hire home health care assistance.

Please relate any actual experiences you've had in hiring -- and retaining -- local home health care assistants. Good or bad? Costs? Reliability? Etc. -- Any information or thoughts would be welcome and helpful!

Did you try doing a search for "home care"; lots of answers there.

Archived