Chapala.com Webboard

HAIRY QUESTION

gringal

This is for you bearded guys.  I mean the orderly ones, not the retro seventies "let it all hang out" ones, even though my philosophy is that you are entitled to do whatever works for you with your own hairy growths.  So, the question is:  Where do they do a good beard trim in the Ajijic area or nearby?  I've been my spouse's barber for years, but maybe a "pro" could improve on my cuts.😉

I don't keep a beard or stubble (unless I am in a lazy spell), but there is a new electric shaver called OneBlade from Philips/Norelco. Easily available in Mexico and very affordable. It includes a number of "combs" which gives a consistent depth of cut. When I bought mine, I also included 4 extra blades, because you have to replace them after a few months. They have a new product now, costs about double than the OneBlade. They say the OneBlade is good for everything "above the neck" the new one is for everything "below the neck". Both products are waterproof.

I do my own. Not quite as long as my profile picture. I've had a beard or mustache ever since I was allowed to (frowned on in high school). Been shaving own my head for about the last 25 years. There a lot of good videos on YouTube to show what to do or avoid.

Archived