Chapala.com Webboard

Ajijic recycling

HarryB

Ajijic is experimenting with recycling again. On SATURDAY they will pickup plastic and metal. They prefer that you put them out together in your reusable container and not plastic bags unless necessary. You do not have to separate them. This experiment applies to the village only

From this week's Guadalajara Reporter:

Regular pickup of mixed garbage continues as usual Monday through Friday. 

Garden refuse will be collected by Ajijic’s red truck every Thursday along customary routes. On Saturdays, 7 a.m. to 1 p.m., GIRRSA will retrieve only throwaway plastic and metal items for recycling that are deposited at curbside.Selective pickup of other organic and non-organic materials will be phased in later.

On 10/29/2018 at 4:33 PM, Islander said:

Hi,

If you live in Villa Nova your address is San Antonio. Not Ajijic. Maybe they will expand in the future.

Sorry, but I don't think you know where Villa Nova is.  We are in west Ajijic, just past the school with the big yellow wall.  San Antonio is the other side of Walmart.

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:45 AM, Arroyos said:

Sorry, but I don't think you know where Villa Nova is.  We are in west Ajijic, just past the school with the big yellow wall.  San Antonio is the other side of Walmart.

Yes, I know....senior moment. I have no other explanation. For some strange reason I was thinking Chula Vista when I typed that silly comment. Sorry about that. We rented in Villa Nova several times , Chula Vista too...and everywhere else as the matter of fact, from Vista del Lago to Villa Lucerna.) . We are Lakeside winter residents (renters) for 18 years.

Harry:  Is this information getting out to the Mexican community in Spanish?  I've been separating my trash for years and have explained this about 5 times to my maid who just couldn't seem to comprehend the whole deal, and she lives near me in the village.  I said we separate garbage to help the trash workers out because they are the ones that have to go through all that mess themselves with their bare hands.  My point is, she knew nothing about even the basic concept, let alone the actual practical details.

The recycling program can't really get going until the majority of the people here understand it and take part as well.  I hope it succeeds!  I support the no plastic bag movement, but how are we supposed to dispose of our sanitarios without plastic bags?  And it's true, the smaller trash containers disappear!

Archived