Chapala.com Webboard

Broad leaf weeds in my lawn.

I have these round, broad-leafed things that look like clover, but don't flower, and are called... according to the woman who owns the garden shop in Riberas... comoraton. But she said anything that kills it also kills the grass. So I'm hoping all the seed, earth, and food I'm using will cause the grass to grow and strangle it.

You can use 2-4D, which when mixed correctly, will kill any broad leaf plant but not grass.  You can probably buy it ready to use in Home Depot or maybe Haro's hardware store probably called "Weed-B-Gone" or you can buy a one liter bottle at the garden store just east of the 7-11 in Riberas.  Buy a cheap spray bottle and mix about 1or 1 1/2 tablespoon of concentrate to a liter of water and spray on when it will stay dry for a day.  It is absorbed through the leaves and takes several day to begin to show the leaves wilting or turning yellow.  It will kill or injure any broad leaf plant including flowers or trees if sprayed on the leaves so use it on a calm morning and keep pets off of it for a few hours.  Alan

Archived