Chapala.com Webboard

NEW HOSPITAL IN RIBERAS?

gringal

16 minutes ago, rvanparys said:

Construction is ongoing... It was supposed to be completed in December according to a physician who will be moving there... It certainly will not be ready by then but it is moving along...

On TOB, "Chapalamed" said it would be about 12 months from now.  Sounds more likely.

12 minutes ago, Ferret said:

I believe that Chapalamed is talking about the hospital on the Libramiento. The Hospital in Riberas, which is opposite the Chula Vista Golf Course, is more under way. Which one are you asking about?

The thread was about the hospital in Riberas, and included pictures previously posted which referred specifically to it, as did his post.  Don't know anything about a hospital on the Libramento.

"Chapala Med in partnership with the owner's of the hospital VALLARTA MEDICAL CENTER will break ground this MARCH 17th, 2018 at 5 pm on the LIBRAMIENTO CHAPALA-AJIJIC across from EL DORADO Condominiums."

The above quote is from the first post on TOB that Chapalamed is referring to and the link is to the thread where he states that the time frame will be in 12 months from now to finish.

http://www.insidelakeside.com/t19880-ribera-medical-center-hospital-ground-breaking-event-03-17-2018

• Thanks 1

I re-read that thread and you're right.  The "Ribera" hospital is on the Libramento and will be open in about 12 months. So the proposed medical center in Riberas is not on the table.  Someone asked me, so I asked the question and Chapalamed and I were not on the same page, alas,😪 in the answer.

8 minutes ago, gringal said:

I re-read that thread and you're right.  The "Ribera" hospital is on the Libramento and will be open in about 12 months. So the proposed medical center in Riberas is not on the table.  Someone asked me, so I asked the question and Chapalamed and I were not on the same page, alas,😪 in the answer.

Now I’m more confused

The Hospital on the carretara

1 minute ago, Ellie said:

De Carlos Garcia recently told me that the hospital across from  Chula Vista is now scheduled to open in January.

Exactly! It started before the one on the libramiento and will be finished way before the one on the libramiento. So, it's more than on the table because it will be serving dinner before long.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Although I have been up north for a couple of weeks, the last time I looked at the construction, things were plowing slowly ahead. And soon it will be open, but somehow I think it will be perhaps sometime in February, but not by years end. Am I wrong? Will it really be done by the end of the year?   What do you think?

• 2 months later...

It's in San Antonio Tlayacapan opposite the entrance to the Chula Vista Golf Course. It looks very close to completion. It would not at all surprise me if they are also renting out locals to some other businesses... like a restaurant or a pharmacy etc. That would be a good business move.  As to Dr. Santiago's rumour? No idea.

Last time we spoke with Dr. Jorge Gonzalez (a few weeks ago) he was telling us about the colors and finishings that are to be in the patient rooms, so I would say hospital; he was expecting January opening; as Ferret said likely a restaurant, pharmacy, snack shop or gift shop may be leased space within the hospital itself, like most other hospitals here and NOB.

15 minutes ago, Xena said:

Dr. Santiago, sorry but a picture of a picture of the planned building does not tell us anything. Please tell us if construction is still ongoing and how close is it to completion? Thank you. 

Xena I believe Dr. Santiago is associated with the other hospital being built on the libramiento across from El Dorado - that facility is a LOOOOONNNNGGGG way from completion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks WideSky. I noticed that later. However, since Dr. Santiago did answer the question addressed to him in the confusion with that photo it is as good a time as any for him to update us on his project. He might even start a new thread to help us keep it all straight. 

17 minutes ago, Dr.Santiago said:

Clarification:

The construction is still going on. Building is about 50% complete.

But from what I have heard (RUMOR MILL) is that it will no longer be a "hospital" and will only be LOCALES (Store fronts). 

Sorry, need further clarification. Are you talking about your planned hospital on the liberamento or the planned hospital in Riberas? If you mean the one in Riberas is now rumored to becoming only store fronts, how is your construction on the liberamento coming along? Still going to be a hospital and what is planned completion date? Thank you again. 

• Like 1

Santiago must be referring to his hospital otherwise he could  just pickup the phone and call Dr. García, who already has appointments scheduled in his new hospital, and not be spreading easily disproved, unfounded negative rumors about the San Antonio facility on local web boards or elsewhere disguised as a question to which  he could easily find the answer if he really wants an answer.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1