Chapala.com Webboard

Medical Cannabis Oil (CBD Drops)

Arjay

I have recently begun taking cannabis oil for pain control and feel that it's beginning to help.  It's legal in Canada and also in Mexico but illegal to take it across the border.

Can someone please let me know if I can get a prescription from my local GP in Ajijic and where I can buy the oil, including the 1:1 drops which is equal amounts of CBD and THC.

Is there an online supplier in Mexico the same as in Canada?  Obviously I want to be sure I'm buying good quality, safe cannabis.

Any info would be much appreciated and serious replies only, please.

5 hours ago, WideSky said:

There are a couple of people from GDL that come and sell cbd oil lakeside. Might be an idea to contact them. Need to join FB as that is where the post when they will be in the area.

Can you please tell me what FB is and how I join.  Do you have any idea of prices?

I ordered CBD oil in June of 2015 from the U.S.  It got here the third week in September of 2015. The point being that it CAN be ordered and received but I wish I'd chosen a courier for delivery. As far as I know, there is nobody TESTING for content in Mexico so I'm not sure how you get what you're ordering. It's a crap shoot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WideSky said:

Arjay I sent them a message on facebook for their contact info. I'll send you a message when I get the info.

Many thanks, WideSky.  I'm not on Facebook and don't want to be, so if there's another way to contact them it would be most helpful.

2 hours ago, Ferret said:

I ordered CBD oil in June of 2015 from the U.S.  It got here the third week in September of 2015. The point being that it CAN be ordered and received but I wish I'd chosen a courier for delivery. As far as I know, there is nobody TESTING for content in Mexico so I'm not sure how you get what you're ordering. It's a crap shoot.

Wow, 3 months is a long wait.  How did you select a supplier and what were the prices like?  If it can be ordered from the U.S. you'd think I could get it from Canada as well.

Thanks.

About being legal in Mexico... Anybody feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but it is not a completely done deal yet.  The procedure to legalize medical cannabis has started quite a while ago but it still seems to be going through the legal system.

As far as buying it here, be careful as several of those local "sellers" dont know exactly what is in it.  A few people got pretty sick after taking it.

Rony

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Arjay said:

Wow, 3 months is a long wait.  How did you select a supplier and what were the prices like?  If it can be ordered from the U.S. you'd think I could get it from Canada as well.

Thanks.

Healthy Hemp Oil is the name of the company. The following is a good starter guide to CBD.

https://healthyhempoil.com/buy-cannabidiol-guide/?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=💕++FIRSTNAME++This+is+Why+CBD+++Your+Brain+Can+Be+BFFS💕&utm_campaign=VIV-Sep+EDU+1-V1

And, to answer Rony's question... CBD oil is usually made from HEMP and does not contain THC. Many, many people confuse CBD oil with oil made from Marijuana. There are very few strains of Marijuana that contain CBD (which stands for the cannabinoid CANNABIDIOL). Charlotte's Web is one strain of Marijuana which does contain a lot of CBD. Google is your friend.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Ferret said:

Healthy Hemp Oil is the name of the company. The following is a good starter guide to CBD.

https://healthyhempoil.com/buy-cannabidiol-guide/?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=💕++FIRSTNAME++This+is+Why+CBD+++Your+Brain+Can+Be+BFFS💕&utm_campaign=VIV-Sep+EDU+1-V1

And, to answer Rony's question... CBD oil is usually made from HEMP and does not contain THC. Many, many people confuse CBD oil with oil made from Marijuana. There are very few strains of Marijuana that contain CBD (which stands for the cannabinoid CANNABIDIOL). Charlotte's Web is one strain of Marijuana which does contain a lot of CBD. Google is your friend.

I tried to find it here, to ease my dogs arthritis pain, but not one of the local sellers could confirm me 100 % sure that it doesnt contain THC. THC is very dangerous for dogs.  Therefore I didnt take the risk.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oregontochapala said:

Thank you !  3500 pesos,   hmmm,  but if it works...  Have you bought there yourself ?

On 9/13/2018 at 11:49 AM, Rony said:

About being legal in Mexico... Anybody feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but it is not a completely done deal yet.  The procedure to legalize medical cannabis has started quite a while ago but it still seems to be going through the legal system.

As far as buying it here, be careful as several of those local "sellers" dont know exactly what is in it.  A few people got pretty sick after taking it.

Rony

Legality of medical treatment is in the works.  In the meantime, all those types of things are legal here in Mexico in small quantity.  I know where you can purchase an oil with has a combination of CBD and THC.    For many medical conditions, you must have both chemicals as they work in concert with each other.  This is a complex topic, but that's the simple explanation.    The other option, of course, is for you to grow it (very discreetly)  and make your own oil.  The insanity and stupidity of the governmental system is this.  You can possess a small quantity, but you are not allowed to grow it, so that begs the question, if growing is illegal, then how to you possess any???  Anyway, that's a bit off topic from what the OP asked.

7 hours ago, Rony said:

I tried to find it here, to ease my dogs arthritis pain, but not one of the local sellers could confirm me 100 % sure that it doesnt contain THC. THC is very dangerous for dogs.  Therefore I didnt take the risk.

8 hours ago, Ferret said:

There are actually, many strains which contain CBD.  The seeds can be ordered and the vendor can tell you the percentage of CBD and THC in each strain.

Lab results vary. Who's doing the testing here? Even in the U.S. and Canada, lab results vary because it depends on the way in which it is cultivated.https://www.leafly.com/news/strains-products/high-cbd-marijuana-strains-according-to-lab-data

Here are two links detailing strains with high CBD...

https://greencamp.com/high-cbd-strains/

https://www.allbud.com/learn/story/top-10-cbd-strains-look-out-2018

IF someone ONLY wants CBD and to not take a chance on any THC being present, then CBD from HEMP is a no brainer. Everyone is different and some only want one thing because it's their comfort zone.

There are thousands of marijuana strains with THC in them. There are very few that have both and even fewer that are mostly CBD with limited amounts of THC.

• Like 1