Chapala.com Webboard

Woman throws dog feces on gardener caretaker

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although I totally agree with what all the posters have said, I only saw the good side of her.  No I am not defending her, she did have pleasant side during the very few times I have had contact with her.

All I'm saying, is, I sure was fooled.

Tiny, you FUNNY! That was my first thought too....Now we need to get together on whether our gesture is shirts or the banner stating the rules. I'm leaning toward the banner, if shirts are already coming his way. And a gringo "clean it up" afternoon wouldn't hurt either. Are there bins for depositing the "mud"?  Perhaps they should be named in "honor" of the offender?

If you will throw the dog crap on her face, Tiny, I will take the picture of her with my iPhone. In fact I can get a video of you throwing it on her if you want. I will even provide the surgical gloves for you, so you wont get your hands dirty B)

12 minutes ago, johanson said:

If you will throw the dog crap on her face, Tiny, I will take the picture of her with my iPhone. In fact I can get a video of you throwing it on her if you want. I will even provide the surgical gloves for you, so you wont get your hands dirty B)

I guess I did not my self clear.  I was thinking Photoshop the crap onto a photo of her face.  Not old school.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

She is old, she is cranky, do we all not run the risk of being the same at some point?  She advocates for injured and abandoned animals, and I want to believe this was a one off.  Instead of slamming her, why not go out of your way to offer her assistance, help her understand the error of her action, not by violence, not by throwing shit at her, but by kind words and guidance.  I posted her name and photo to help the caretaker and Taaffe identify her and get the proper help they need in resolving this issue. 

Update:

Two wrongs don't make a right, but this is her response about what happened from another page.  

From Ellie Egan
TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO RESPONDED ON CHAPALAS WEBBOARD ABOUT WOMAN THROWS DOG FECES ON CARETAKER. please listen to my side of the story. On Saturday, like many other days I took my dogs to the football field to exercise. A few weeks ago w
hen I started going there I noticed tons of garbage everywhere so brought large plastic bags and every day filled it with plastic bottles, beer botles and other items, I also collected garbage at the edge of the lake, where this man would never go. THIS caretaker harassed me the whole time I was there, following me everywhere and taking pictures of me and my dogs. He told me the day before and again on Sat that he wished that foreiners would not go there with their dogs,because THEY dont pick up after their dogs. I was so furious, tried to show him my poop bag with the poop I collected, but he would not stop to listen, so through the bag after him, unfortunately, it hit his shirt. A few older MEXICANS who are always in that park, thanked me every day for collecting the garbage. By the way the garbage I threw on the field was the garbage I collected at the lake, thought he might wanted to see what I did. By the way I could not respond on CHAPALA WEBBOARD FOR SOME REASON, SO DO HOPE THAT THOSE PEOPLE WHO SO NICELY CONDEMNED ME WILL READ THIS

This is a response from Ellie, there are always two sides to every story.

TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO RESPONDED ON CHAPALAS WEBBOARD ABOUT WOMAN THROWS DOG FECES ON CARETAKER. please listen to my side of the story. On Saturday, like many other days I took my dogs to the football field to exercise. A  few weeks ago when I started going there I noticed tons of garbage everywhere so brought large plastic bags and every day filled it with plastic bottles, beer botles and other items,  I also collected garbage at the edge of the lake, where this man would never go.  THIS caretaker harassed me the whole time I was there, following me everywhere and taking pictures of me and my dogs. He told me the day before and again on Sat that he wished that foreiners would not go there with their dogs,because THEY dont pick up after their dogs. I was so furious, tried to show him my poop bag with the poop I collected, but he would not stop to listen, so through the bag after him, unfortunately, it hit his shirt. A few older MEXICANS who are always in that park, thanked me every day for collecting the garbage. By the way the garbage I threw on the field was the garbage I collected at the lake, thought he might wanted to see  what I did. By the way I could not respond on CHAPALA WEBBOARD FOR SOME REASON, SO DO HOPE THAT THOSE PEOPLE WHO SO NICELY CONDEMNED ME WILL READ THIS

Thank you for posting this lady's explanation.  I think it sort of closes this subject.  It was unfortunate that the feces came out of the bag but it seems to have been thrown after she had received much harassment on her part.  Sometimes there is a breaking point and she had reached hers, obviously.  I am sure we have all had a melt down at one time or other ... I am so very glad that I have not had one in front of the people that have been posting here.  Of course, they are all perfect and have never lost it once in their lives so they don't know of what I speak. 

This man is 78 years old and a respected and hard working member of the community. He has never harassed anyone and I have known Don Luis for a long time.. everyone knows him and this woman is lying. 

There is no excuse for throwing feces at anyone and this is what she did. She also threw all the garbage all over the field.

If you know her please tell her never to go back there.

Taaffe, this woman doesn't look much younger than the gardener.  She also comes with many good comments from her friends.  The trash she threw around in her anger was trash she had already picked up.  She did not run home and get her trash and bring it and throw it around.  Since you nor anyone else, including me, that is commenting about this incident were there it might be a good idea to quit fanning these particular flames.  Fighting fire with fire has never worked and there are always 2 sides of a story.  The woman admitted to throwing HER dog's feces that she had picked up in her doggy bag at the man.  So, therefore, she was picking up her dog's feces so the man had no business getting on to her for not picking up her dog's feces.  If you take a moment to think, she could not have thrown a bag of feces at him if she hadn't picked it up in a bag.  She admitted to throwing it and to being very frustrated and also that it was unfortunate that the bag hit him.  If you go on facebook and search her name you can view her page.  There is post after post of her helping with injured and starving animals.  She is not all bad as I am sure the man you have known for years is not all good.  Not one of us have the right to be judge and jury and to exile this woman from anywhere.  I hope you reconsider your requests and everyone calm down and try to think that maybe there is more to all this than meets the eye and I am not just speaking about the gardener.  This woman seems to stay very stressed about all the unfortunate animals that she sees on her sojourns.  What she may need instead of ridicule is help in dealing with the burden she has put on her own shoulders for some reason.  .. Read a few of her posts and you will understand what I am saying, I am sure.

14 minutes ago, Tiny said:

I do not see any place in her message where she says that she is sorry or apologies. Just blaming others.

And, you never will. She does not do apologies. I have seen this woman in action at another off-leash area. She did not watch her dogs nor did she pick up after them. I saw her in a screaming match with another dog owner. It was so nasty and unpleasant.  I totally believe the gardener’s version of what happened. 

You don't have to figure out which side to take.  The woman admits to assault in her statement.  She threw a bag of dog crap at a person and it hit him.  No one has the right to do that.  Assault is a crime regardless of whether the assailant is otherwise a saint.   The lame excuse that she was frustrated and 'lost it' is absurd.  That is how most assaults occur; someone gets mad, doesn't control their impulses and assaults someone.

It is up to the caretaker to decide whether to pursue this assault with the MP.   I hope he does.  A woman who admits to throwing a bag of dog crap at someone is certainly capable of doing that or worse again, especially if she gets away with this after being exposed, fails to apologize or take any responsibility for her admitted assault and instead blames the victim.  

I agree with Bisbee Gal and Xena, and would add that common decency does not have an age limit. If you read my original post and follow up posts,  I have said that the only thing the man wants is that she NEVER return to the field. If she does she will knowlingly face the consequences. 

Blaming the gardener, me or the other posters for her outrageous behavior is adding insult to injury.

There are always two sides to any story....this lady happens to be very concerned about the way dogs are treated in Mexico. She uses a lot of her money to neuter, and feed lost and abandoned and mistreated dogs and have them adopted.

An unfortunate incident as she also picks up the trash on the field.

Have a great day everyone whichever side you are on.

I have had many occasions in life where it was difficult to hold my tongue and my temper, but I cannot think of any excuse for throwing feces at anyone.  This was a malicious assault, and blaming the victim is clear in her post.  No excuse cuts it, IMO.  That does not mean I'd like to see her deported, but the least she could do is offer a sincere apology to the gardener and avoid returning to that area and having further contact with him, as he requested.

I have know this woman since I moved here and her efforts for the community towards animals and picking up garbage has blown me away. I’m proud to call her a friend. She admitted she did what she is accused of. The man has taken no responsibility for his long term harassment. 

Also, I have had problems with the man in question too. The first and only time I went, he first pretended to not speak English then got in my face clearly speaking English. So, I totally believe that he was the initial aggressor. He was so ugly to me I never returned. Yes, he is in his 70’s but he has no problem harassing a woman in her 80’s. And please tell me if he was having to get on to her for not pooper-scooping, how did she have a bag of poop to throw? She is KNOWN for picking up trash through out the area. For years!!!

Ellie has been depressed for a while now that she has so many animals to feed, vet, and advocate for with little help. If this site causes her physical or emotional harm, there will be no shortage of her friends to remind those posting here of their hand in it. I have taken screen shots so if this does occur, the people who were not there but feel free to pass judgment can be reminded how inhuman they truly are.

Archived