Chapala.com Webboard

"Thrill the World" rehearsals start TODAY!

It's that time of year and the Annual "Thrill the World" event kicks off today at the Ajijic Cultural Center at 1:45.  We'll begin teaching the choreography to "Thriller" as part of the International Event that occurs on Saturday, October 27th at 4 pm C.S.T.  The Ajijic Zombie Horde has participated for many years in this fun Event and has successfully raised funds for Cruz Roja, Tepehua and The School for Special Needs.  Rehearsals will continue each Saturday and Wednesday (5-7) until the Event.  No dance experience is necessary.  We teach the steps assuming the participants have no prior dance training.  :)  This year, we will have a Zombie Parade from the Ajijic Cultural Center, down Colon to the Ajijic Malecon where the actual Event will take place.  Calling all previous Zombies and inviting new people who would like to join us.  It's fun, great exercise, lots of camaraderie, and all for a great cause.  The focus this year is to help raise funds for a much needed ambulance for Cruz Roja.

If you have any questions, either stop by the Cultural Center during rehearsal or check out our website at:  www.thrilltheworldajijic.com

Hope to see you there.

Zombie Val  :)

9 minutes ago, schraderone said:

Your activities cost money, money that could be donated to good causes instead of used to

scare innocent babies. Nothing thrilling about your gross and ugly faces.

“The focus this year is to help raise funds for a much needed ambulance for Cruz Roja.

i suggest you stay safe in a closed, dark room until the threat of being traumatized by people having fun is past. 

At times I am amazed at the energy and  ingenuity some people have.

I'm not sure if there is a correct  balance between folks who  just want to  smell the roses, sit back and enjoy our natural  paradise....and those who need to get involved in the latest fad

Whilst we  may not be able to  prevent Lakeside being propelled into a tinsel and glitter location,  I for one wish to slow it down. So when you are invited to your next cocktail party......think do I really need to get involved. WHY Iam doing this🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

WOW!  That was an unexpected response, LOL!  Anyway, for those who wish to support and participate in the International Annual "Thrill the World" Event, please join us to learn the choreography at the Ajijic Cultural Center each Saturday from 1-3 and Wednesday from 5-7 until the actual event which takes place  on Saturday, October 27th at 4 pm.  The Ajijic Zombie Horde will parade from the Ajijic Cultural Center, down Colon to the Ajijic Malecon where they will perform the 6+ minute version of "Thriller".  Following that, they/we will parade to Seis Esquinas and perform it once again before returning to the Malecon for a Manix prepared dinner with live music to dance and dine.  

To clarify, watching this event is absolutely free.  If one should choose to "Sponsor a Zombie", they can or if one should choose to buy dinner/dance tickets (also a portion goes to Cruz Roja), they can do that as well.

Thanks to Elliott Joaquin, this has become a fun Annual tradition that brings locals and Ex-Pats, young and Seniors, together for a Community Event designed to raise funds for a local Charity.  Should one prefer to make a donation directly to Cruz Roja, I encourage you to do so.  It is my understanding that they are in desperate need of a new Ambulance.  The funds raised from this event will be given to Cruz Roja to help with their efforts.

Those who seem uncomfortable with this Event may wish to check out the International "Thrill the World" organization to gain a better understanding of how it was created and why it is done around the World at the the EXACT same time each year.

Many thanks to those who continue to enjoy this Annual Ajijic Event!

ROCK ON,

Val Jones (one of the Dance Captains)  :)

• 1 month later...
On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 1:50 PM, Tiny said:

I will be watching college football, drinking beer and eating nachos.😂

Each to their own zombie / near death experience.....

It was a gorgeous day with 76 Ajijic Zombies participating.  As soon as we have final figures, I'll share those with you.  Funds were being raised to help with the purchase of a new Ambulance for Cruz Roja.

Many thanks to all the Volunteers who worked so hard to make this Annual Event run smoothly and I think the new venue of the Basketball Court on the Ajijic Malecon worked GREAT.

ROCK ON!  Stay tuned for the "official" video that will be posted on You Tube in case you missed the live event on Saturday.  Thanks to all who participated and enjoyed the Event.

Zombie Val  :)

On 9/10/2018 at 12:32 PM, Chapala Drone said:

WOW a new high to just how BITTER the people are here...

More than a hundred people were involved in the event. Many more people enjoyed the event. A couple of people complained on this web board. You comment how BITTER the people are here? 

While I did not attend, it is a fun event and a different event.  I know the organizers and believe me they work very hard to make sure that the event here is fun and fabulous.  Those who choose not to attend and think it's stupid, need to get a grip.  Rock On.

On 10/29/2018 at 10:09 PM, Xena said:

More than a hundred people were involved in the event. Many more people enjoyed the event. A couple of people complained on this web board. You comment how BITTER the people are here? 

I counted 5 people of the 15 in this post alone... Not a "couple"..., 33%. My comment was not to the amount of people, but to the level. I would add your comment to that total. YMMV. Enjoy the weather!🤔

The number of people that actually follow this board is probably .001% of the expat population, so even though a good restaurant review may cause a brief flurry of excitement for the owner, it's not at all indicative of the general attitude.

5 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

The number of people that actually follow this board is probably .001% of the expat population, so even though a good restaurant review may cause a brief flurry of excitement for the owner, it's not at all indicative of the general attitude.

I don't understand this comment. Why would you assume the 0.001% that you think are on this web board is not a genuine sample of the population. Your logic would discount every survey or poll ever taken because it does not represent the entire population. My observation is that the 33% of people on this post who are not happy that zombies take over the public plaza on a holy day (the culmination of a month of fasting and prayer  to the Virgin of the Rosary - where the devote march from 6 corners to the Ajijic plaza)  is a fair sample of the population lakeside. But Val had graciously offered to take that concern to the planning commission so I do not wish to reignite that discussion again.

I always think a larger % of us lakesiders read these forums than do. There were 5 of us having breakfast one morning and I asked who had seen the stupid post made by blank that morning. I was the only one reading the forums. I was and  always do get surprised when I comment about a post made by someone on one of the forums or Facebook and almost no one knows what I am talking about.

Oh well. I'll get over it. :)  :D

Archived