Chapala.com Webboard

Pool Maintence

shortstop

Our pool water gets very cloudy, we add clarifier which collects what looks like dust, our pool guy vacuums it out & everything looks good for several days then we get the same problem.  We have had the filters replaced, & the pool maintenance guy can't find anything that would cause it.  Anyone have a similar problem? No one locally (Chapala/Ajijic) knows what to do about it.  Any suggestions for other pool maintenance companies other than locally.  Thanks.

SInce we don't know who your current pool maintainer is, it's hard to recommend "another company". I can only say that Carlos Taylor has been maintaining our pool for the last year and it is always perfect. I recommended him to two other people who were having a terrible time with their pool maintenance service including cloudy water and both of them never fail thank me periodically because their pools are now clear and clean. Taylor Pools Service 3314104414

On 9/5/2018 at 1:09 PM, shortstop said:

Our pool water gets very cloudy, we add clarifier which collects what looks like dust, our pool guy vacuums it out & everything looks good for several days then we get the same problem.  We have had the filters replaced, & the pool maintenance guy can't find anything that would cause it.  Anyone have a similar problem? No one locally (Chapala/Ajijic) knows what to do about it.  Any suggestions for other pool maintenance companies other than locally.  Thanks.

In this area of alkaline soils and water there is always the problem of the Total Alkalinity getting too high. When that happens the chlorine just doesn't do it's job. I bet no gardeners and only a few pool cleaner know anything about that. Google how to test and treat if that is the problem.

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 8:07 PM, shortstop said:

Thank you for the info.  Our gardener maintains the pool.  I don't want to bad mouth any pool maintenance company.  I know about Carlos Taylor & how good he is.  The articles make for interesting reading.  Thanks again.

Your gardener!? What would he know about pool chemistry? No wonder you are having problems. I would not let my gardener go near my pool. Get a person who is experienced and knowledgeable about pools.

I have always maintained my own pools and they were always clear and clean. A house a I recently sold has a salt water pool it was crystal clear. After I sold it the gardener took over running the pool and it has become a murky, green pool that I would not want to swim in.   

To maintain a pool you should have considerable knowledge of pool chemistry. It not as simple as many people think it is. I've seen quite a few poorly maintained pools in the area.

Our gardener maintains our pool.  We've been at this house for almost two years, but same gardener has taken care of this pool for  over 11 years.  Always sparkles!  He also cares for a community pool at a large condo development where he does the gardening.  

Many people in US maintain their own pools.  It's not rocket science.  

I had a pool in the states and it was easy to take care of when I was younger. My gardener has been taking care of this pool for maybe 15 years. Yes we had an unsolvable problem we thought. So it was explained to the folks where I buy my pool supplies, a person came out and within a few minutes the problem was identified, we purchased a special product, and solved the problem. Really it is no big deal to know how to take care of your own pool and I quote Bisbee Gal "It's not rocket science."

Archived