Chapala.com Webboard

Mexican political climate

Herman

LOL Cohen is hardly credible and Bannon's prediction has nothing to do with this line of conjecture which is OT BTW.

It is interesting the Peso tends to maintain a ratio against the dollar which seems to be more independent of world markets than, for example, the Euro.

That bit of fear around AMLO which caused the Peso to go over 20 was a nice opportunity for expats while it lasted.  The current ratio is very out of line with the relative purchasing power of the two currencies which also favors expats and encourages more to move here.  Based strictly on purchasing power the Peso should be trading around 14.

As per usual, all the doom and gloom in the press about AMLO has thus far not proven very accurate and the currency reflects it.   Frankly I think the political climate here is much better than either NOB or much of Europe.  I'm enjoying it and see it as one of the benefits of living here.  I might also add the last election seems to have gotten us a much better state governor. 

Locally for me the bidding is still out.  

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 11:33 AM, CHILLIN said:

These observations are coming from the right - starting with Michael Cohen's (former long time personal lawyer to Trump) testimony to congress, and Steve Bannon's (former Presidential advisor) own predictions about riots in the streets, leading to civil disobedience. And contrary to your opinion, this "revolution" is exactly what he wants to happen, he has written books about it, and is/was doing everything he could to encourage it. A lot of fear and loathing among the right in Washington right now. It will effect Mexico if the U.S. dollar drops, which the President the other day says he wants to see happen, to make American exports more price competitive.

i agree  with nothing from the left. .the left is totally illogical of common sense and totally corrupt. I lived in CA my whole life until I got out twelve years ago,  that communist state ruined my life in every aspect . since I migrated to Mexico my life has never been better in ALL aspects. I call CA the  silicon curtain .  as the Soviet Union  the iron curtain  and red China  the bamboo curtain.

1 minute ago, AngusMactavish said:

Fascists never do.

you describe CA perfectly.  one party rule.   a Corporate  Fascistic Dictatorship . I  used to be an American, but America is gone,  I am now a refugee living in a foreign country. try taking the red pill and you will awake from your nightmare. reality is not very pretty.

Archived