Chapala.com Webboard

Purple Garlic Pizza Brothers

Hello! Purple Garlic Pizza Brothers is new in town! We look forward to meeting you all soon!!

Business hours are 1-9pm, closed on Tuesdays.

In the near future we will be open until midnight on Saturdays with live music for Salsa Night. We will also soon start Trivia night on Thursdays and wings on Wednesdays. Our upstairs balcony has a ping pong table and a large, two room, supervised childrens area!

Please follow us on Facebook for the most up to date information.

Menu_Drinks.jpg

Menu_Food.jpg

Several posters have sung the praises of your pizza, so I want one.  The parking situation is daunting, though, so I'd like to know about delivery options. Do you deliver within Ajijic Centro?   What's your phone number? (Don't see it on the menu).  Thanks, and best of luck!

From their FB page re: delivery

We are searching for a delivery driver! In the meantime, we are signing up with Traitte: Entregas a Domicilio! Even once we do have our own driver, we will keep Traitte for busy days so you never have to wait long for delivery!

@gringal We do deliver! Our phone number is 376-766-0850. Parking we cant help, but you could swing by in a cab! Pizza is always best on the spot! Hope to see you soon!

@suegarn We do serve wine by the glass and by the bottle! We have 4 lines to choose from -Vina Maipo, Fincas Las Moras, Trapiche, and Monte Xanic. We also carry Santa Alba Pinot Grigio...see you soon!

2 hours ago, Purple Garlic Pizza Bros said:

@gringal We do deliver! Our phone number is 376-766-0850. Parking we cant help, but you could swing by in a cab! Pizza is always best on the spot! Hope to see you soon!

@suegarn We do serve wine by the glass and by the bottle! We have 4 lines to choose from -Vina Maipo, Fincas Las Moras, Trapiche, and Monte Xanic. We also carry Santa Alba Pinot Grigio...see you soon!

Thanks for the number and the word that you deliver.  It may be best on the spot, but I bet it's good at home, too!

Their prices are nothing short of absolutely nuts. $120 for a salad? Same for a personal size 10" pepp pizza? Good luck. I won't be going. Let's have a little common sense, people. This is still Ajijic, much as some would have it be NOB.

EDIT: see my comments elsewhere yesterday about an excellent Italian meal for $135p that included seafood.

@ManxMan We are at Carretera Oriente #7, between Marcos Castellanos and Colon. Attached to Mias Boutique and directly across from the Sutidorde la Ribera. 

@ComputerGuy Our prices are based on cost and profit margin, like every functioning business. We use imported yeast, flour, tomatoes, and cheese to start, plus high-quality ingredients for the rest of the menu, including local organic butter, local sausage, local organic goat cheese etc. The cost of banana peppers alone is quite high due to it being a speciality product here. If I could keep the business running at lower costs with the same ingredients, I would! Every restaurant has a profit margin on their costs, so if another place has another meal cheaper, their costs are lower to start with. Maybe one day you will give us a shot!

1 hour ago, ibbocat said:

Had one delivered Saturday,  not bad but a little light on both sauce and cheese. Not as good as either Perrys or M&J.

A comment from a Mexican friend was that with that menu they were not looking for Mexican customers.

PERRY'S??? Have you had it recently?  It was good in the beginning, but IMO, went seriously downhill.

There is a big difference in "Mexican" pizza and the kind those from NOB are used to, and often prefer.  Sauces are sweeter and fewer "Italian" ingredients are there, so your Mexican friend is probably right.  I won't comment on the "Purple" or M&J pizzas since I have had neither as yet.

3 hours ago, Purple Garlic Pizza Bros said:

@ManxMan We are at Carretera Oriente #7, between Marcos Castellanos and Colon. Attached to Mias Boutique and directly across from the Sutidorde la Ribera. 

@ComputerGuy Our prices are based on cost and profit margin, like every functioning business. We use imported yeast, flour, tomatoes, and cheese to start, plus high-quality ingredients for the rest of the menu, including local organic butter, local sausage, local organic goat cheese etc. The cost of banana peppers alone is quite high due to it being a speciality product here. If I could keep the business running at lower costs with the same ingredients, I would! Every restaurant has a profit margin on their costs, so if another place has another meal cheaper, their costs are lower to start with. Maybe one day you will give us a shot!

I appreciate your sincerity and your response, and wish you luck.

I know that no pizza down here will come close to what I liked "up north". 

And you know what? 

I don't care. 

To be able to eat a different, but yummy-for-my-tummy, pizza with a cold brew or two in snow-free, warm weather with like-minded friends with nothing on the calendar but lunch and dinner dates is a pretty good trade off.

Pizza is like a pretty face; we all have our preferences, but does that stop you from looking? 

No.

Unless it's a pizza-face. 

I don't know... I'll just let myself out. 

For a authentic tasting Italian pizza, I've been buying mine at Jitomate, next door to Ancla restaurant west of Ajijic.  There is also a thrift store in the strip.  It's not inexpensive and there are various sizes at different prices.

I'm planning to give the "purple" pizza a try, but if it isn't better...Jitomate may be worth the drive.  I'll see.

If they are importing ingredients he should be able to make a better pizza. San Marzano tomatoes really do make a difference. mexican cheeses simply do not match real mozzarella. Semolina flour is probably available here. So he should be the best in town. I paid 200 pesos for a prosciutto pizza at M&J just the other day and the meat was sparingly applied. So what are pizza prices state side these days?  

On 8/16/2018 at 3:08 PM, HarryB said:

So what are pizza prices state side these days?  

My most favorite pizza is a Colorado Mountain Pie from Beau Jo's in Idaho Springs. A 10" pizza with 4 ingredients (your choice) is $19. And worth every penny IMHO.

Baltimore Dockside, pretty twinkling lights overhead and 5 adults, 2 pre-teens, 6 beers, 1 wine, 2 pops, water all around, 2 salads split to serve 4 and 2 pizzas 13" with 4 toppings = $185.  Pizza Parlor on the water out of the city center.  We paid it with a straight face.  Wasn't easy.

On 8/26/2018 at 2:27 AM, solajijic said:

Baltimore Dockside, pretty twinkling lights overhead and 5 adults, 2 pre-teens, 6 beers, 1 wine, 2 pops, water all around, 2 salads split to serve 4 and 2 pizzas 13" with 4 toppings = $185.  Pizza Parlor on the water out of the city center.  We paid it with a straight face.  Wasn't easy.

Hello!

I went through our menu, adding up all of the options you listed above using our highest priced item in each category, and the total came to 1105 pesos. About $59 USD! So it only gets cheaper from there! Give us a try :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived