Chapala.com Webboard

Anyone know of an English webboard for Tijuana? Need rental information.

I have an ex-wife that is literally coming up on being homeless. She has medical issues and only about $525 in her Social Security check. She now lives in So. California but when that runs out, two or three weeks, she has no place to go. The rental or even house share prices are not to be believed. Even converted (illegal) garages are in the $600+ range.

I was thinking of Tijuana for her. Close to the California border so she can use her Medicare with a quick crossing back to San Diego.

So I'm thinking she could look on a webbed for options.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

A woman I know, a noted poet, decided decades ago to devote herself to her work instead of the economy and lived and traveled in a Class B RV (legally livable and self contained on a van chassis).  She had mobility to visit family and teach along the west coast, and low overhead, to a point, after the initial investment.  Not for everybody, but she is smart and practical as serious bohemians tend to be.

7 hours ago, Eric Blair said:

I have an ex-wife that is literally coming up on being homeless. She has medical issues and only about $525 in her Social Security check. She now lives in So. California but when that runs out, two or three weeks, she has no place to go. The rental or even house share prices are not to be believed. Even converted (illegal) garages are in the $600+ range.

I was thinking of Tijuana for her. Close to the California border so she can use her Medicare with a quick crossing back to San Diego.

So I'm thinking she could look on a webbed for options.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

I thought that people on limited income  could qualify for ,Section  8 housing,  Medicaid and food stamps...or not

No reason at all someone in this situation should be living in Southern California. Too darn expensive for cost of living/housing.   

Check out the City Data forum for San Diego - http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-diego/    There is a poster "moved" that used to live in Tijuana.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/mexico/2928929-living-tijuana-mexico-white-american.html  

You can sign up for that board and send a PM to her.   I used to be a moderator on that board for many years (technically I guess I still am) and she always had really level headed and informative posts.

Good luck.

9 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

I thought that people on limited income  could qualify for ,Section  8 housing,  Medicaid and food stamps...or not

The Section 8 housing has a waiting list only slightly shorter than for a kidney downer. Literally years. She gets food help and medical, it's housing she needs or she will be living in her small car

Archived