Chapala.com Webboard

Permanente application to fingerprinting, how long did it take you?

We started the process 3 weeks ago and were told that we would get an email within 2 weeks to go in for our fingerprint but if not, check with the office.  We did not get an email after 2 weeks so we went in and check.  We were told that within another week we would get a notice,  This is the third week and still nothing.  

I have to remember that things here do go so very slowly and exercise patience☺️ . 

Just now, ComputerGuy said:

It usually takes from 3 weeks to forever...

Yes,Mexican time is Mexican time regardless of how bad we want to quantify it. Relax and go with the flow.

2 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

Relax and go with the flow.

Easy for you to say with your Permanente status sitting in your penthouse suite above the Bahia de Banderas sipping a marg.  😜

Ok, let's cut to the truth, hahaha....................

The penthouse is 4 floors above us....we are in steerage in this 12 unit building.

We do have a spectacular view of the Bay.

I don't do margs.

Life is good so I'm not complaining.

When someone says they will "be here Friday" I don't ask "Which Friday" anymore because I realize they don't know themselves so how could they tell me.

I hope you are enjoying your view of the Rockies and if you do partake in margs, "Salud".

redsfv89 - Cripes man you don't want to go to jail, particularly not a mexican jail.  And you are asking us to become a party to the 'something in your past'  by commenting.  You seriously want an answer to that, sounds like you are admitting you LIED on your application to immigration?  Maybe you should research how many people with shady pasts have been caught in Mexico and sent back to the country where the 'crime' was committed.  

Some twenty years ago in order to get an FM-3, I had to go to my state capital and get a letter or statement showing that I did not have an arrest record. It was a pain you know where to drive to the State capital to get it, but it was no big deal. I hope that I misunderstood the posters question. I hope that all goes well.

On 7/27/2018 at 1:57 PM, willtravel said:

I did a search but found no up to date answers.  Permanente application to fingerprinting, how long did it take you?

Five weeks and one day later we got our notice to go and get our fingerprint done.  Went to Chpala and did it.  Was told that we need to physically (no email notice will be sent) go into the office in two weeks to pick up out permanente card.

Just went through the process, used Spencer and highly recommend his services,

from the time I applied to getting fingerprinted was one day short of three weeks and from finger prints to receiving card was 12 days.

keep in mind that once the fingerprints are taken until you get the card travel out of Mexico is not possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived