Chapala.com Webboard

Bambu Restaurant in San Juan Cosala

lakeside7

From time to time friends insist that we go to the restaurant for their 140 peso breakfast brunch and watch the world cup soccer.

Every time I go I get less and less impressed with the lack of service, and always think it a training ground for whanttobe waiters and general service staff. Something that a rich Daddy has bought but to lazy to oversea the operation.

To day Sunday had the larger than normal crowd, being the final of the world cup etc. There was 1/2 wait staff at the opening,  and just a bunch of teenage kids at the desk looking lost.

It was total chaos as the crowds started to arrive...one short order "cook" preparing the omelete, hot cakes etc.... and the line getting longer by the minute.  Many dishes were not available at the buffet table

All the "management staff" (if there were any)  seem to be wearing  casual  clothes so you could not find  the "boss" to complain to..That's it, good bye Bambu

32 minutes ago, Al Berca said:

I have always liked the Sunday brunch buffet at Bambu. Courteous, prompt and attentive staff and an excellent price for the quantity, quality and variety of foods available. Thanks for making more room for those of us who enjoy eating there.

Al ,If I had seen you today in the waiting mass to get in I would have gladly given up my seat for you....the view is great , a pity the service is not the same..just my opinion 

Friends and I had one meal there: average food, ovelry high prices, and a chicken serving was raw. Compounded by dim lighting near the water, so we couldn't tell it was raw until we bit into it. Most people I have talked to who have eaten at a number of those places on the curves say the same: overpriced and average or less than average.

1 hour ago, ComputerGuy said:

Friends and I had one meal there: average food, ovelry high prices, and a chicken serving was raw. Compounded by dim lighting near the water, so we couldn't tell it was raw until we bit into it. Most people I have talked to who have eaten at a number of those places on the curves say the same: overpriced and average or less than average.

That's what we've always heard, too, but willing to take a chance with lunch or snacks just so guests can see the view.  

30 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

That's what we've always heard, too, but willing to take a chance with lunch or snacks just so guests can see the view.  

If you want better food and a fabulous view, take your guest to either La Vita Bella or La Sima del Copal, up on the mountainside.

Archived