Chapala.com Webboard

Which fraccs have well or holding tank

Chapala Haciendas has its own wells, and it constantly tests very high quality because there is no human population above it. Most houses have water meters, but they do not pay for useage. Make sure your rental has a rooftop tank, if the power goes out, and the pumps don't work, at least you have gravity feed.

Which is why when we built our home in Ajijic we had them dig an aljibe that holds 60,000 liters. We figured if we ran out, the whole village would have to be out.

Chula Vista uses two wells and four holding tanks. Water is tested regularly by a Guadalajara lab and is certified potable right from the tap.

We are metered for billing with a graduated fee per cubic meter.  

SunFan

28 minutes ago, daisy2013 said:

I just received a message that Chula Vista Norte is now sharing water with Cumbres which is why they run out almost every day.  They have a holding tank, not too big I hear.

II thought CN relied on "city" water from SAT SIMAPA!!! or not

2 hours ago, daisy2013 said:

I just received a message that Chula Vista Norte is now sharing water with Cumbres which is why they run out almost every day.  They have a holding tank, not too big I hear.

Yup, the "finest infrastructure" ! 

8 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

Chapala Haciendas has its own wells, and it constantly tests very high quality because there is no human population above it. Most houses have water meters, but they do not pay for useage. Make sure your rental has a rooftop tank, if the power goes out, and the pumps don't work, at least you have gravity feed.

An aljibe with water pump and a generator. 

daisy2013 the best way to ensure you always have water here is to have a large aljibe full of it. Mine is 35,000 liters. You have to look after yourself as you can't depend on "city water" or wells.

On 6/25/2018 at 12:43 PM, daisy2013 said:

Which fracc have their own well or do they have a tank which they fill from Simapa,  and do they share with neighboring fracc.

I am thinking of renting but this is an issue because I do not want to run out of water.

The large majority of Villa Nova residents do not use UV or other sterilization and have NO problems.

No one should be actively promoting drinking tap water anywhere around Mexico without either a test or proof first. Unless you enjoy seeing people getting sick. Do you know what the main health concerns were in Mexico, before junk food begat all this diabetes? Stomach problems caused by water and chiles. I suppose people assume that hotel rooms throughout the country always have water bottles and garafons because of rumours.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/25/2018 at 8:26 PM, daisy2013 said:

Absolutely untrue. Chula Vista Norte has a holding tank that is filled daily by their own pump from SIMAPA's well. Cumbres has water trucked in daily, and has applied to SIMAPA because their well attempt was unable to reach the water table.

Chula Vista Norte does not run out of water almost every day.  This year there were 2 occurrences. One was a failure of the well pump which took 3 days to replace with a new one.. The other was the annual cleaning of the tank. 

On 6/25/2018 at 10:43 PM, daisy2013 said:

I was told they receive it from Simapa into a holding tank but now must share it.  It is pumped  from Simapa but not every day

You were told wrong. Chula Vista Norte does not share their water with anyone. It is pumped from SIMAPA's well 6-7 times a week. 

On 6/25/2018 at 5:06 PM, Tomas said:

Water is always "drinkable" from the tap if available..Is it guaranteed "Potable" directly from the tap without UV or Reverse Osmosis?

The problem is not the quality of the water from the beginning, the problem is very badly constructed distribution lines that allow outside polluted water to infiltrate the lines when there is no pressure due to the frequent shut downs of flow.

3 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

You were told wrong. Chula Vista Norte does not share their water with anyone. It is pumped from SIMAPA's well 6-7 times a week. 

They must now share it with Cumbres, they already connected to the holding tank. Ask a board member.    There was a meeting with Simapa.  

Daisy if you don't want to run out of water the only definite solution is to rent a place with a very large aljibe. You have to look after yourself. You cannot depend on someone's well supplying you with water. Whether that someone is SIAMAPA or a Fraccionamiento. Either can be unreliable and beyond your control.

Archived