Chapala.com Webboard

Golf Carts

I've been having a hard enough time doing what you describe in our rental car......safely I mean.  I can't imagine doing it in a golf cart, lol!  My wife surely would not be sitting next to me!!  Best of luck to you.  Make sure your medical insurance and your will are up to date.

Thanks for all the replies.  I cross the Carretera all the time and sometimes right in front of the police, so I think it's ok to do.  I do have a license plate on my cart.  I crossed this morning at the light just to the east of WM, double backed to the mall, up the dirt path to Plaza Interlago did my business and back home to West Ajijic and am still in one piece.  Yay!

That is the most dangerous intersection in town. There is a reason why tow-trucks park near there. You have to be a fool to traverse there in a golf cart. Get real.

2 hours ago, tomgates said:

That is the most dangerous intersection in town. There is a reason why tow-trucks park near there. You have to be a fool to traverse there in a golf cart. Get real.

Well said Tom!!  Newbies frequently don't know that red lights are only a suggestion and from only being here 2 weeks, it's obvious lots of drivers ignore the suggestion.

Archived