Chapala.com Webboard

Hey folks, I'm seeking guidance for getting some healthcare. 

I had a hip arthroscopy last year and I'm worried that the pain I'm experiencing means the surgery has failed.

I'm looking for a doctor who can give me some informed advice about next steps. Ideally, this is  someone who has up to date knowledge of Platelet Rich Plasma  and Stem Cell therapies. Someone who could order an MRI, and make the call about whether or not I'm having a bad flare up, or in need of a total hip replacement. Are MRIs very expensive out of pocket here? Am I better off searching for a doc ooo n Guadalajara? What is the strongest hospital there for orthopedics?

Any ideas welcome! 

Painfully yours,

Aimée 

7 hours ago, Stymiebop Caretakers said:

Jreboll, I didn't know what it was until I was told I needed it. 

Thanks for reaching out 

Go to the Laguna Mall and see the Orthopedic Surgeon, Dr. Martinez, who works out of Quality Care there. Another one is Dr.Gonzalez at Markaras Clinic in Riberas.  Both are competent and can direct you to a MRI center and check your condition.

Dr. Jose Miguel Huerta (ortho/trauma)did my hip replacement 8 weeks ago.  I cannot say enough good things about this doctor.  Also, even though he has an office in hospital Del Carmen (expensive) he is perfectly happy to use Hospital Santisima Trinidad for surgical procedures.  Did mine there and saved me a BUNDLE and it was EXCELLENT in every way.  Plus that hospital allows you to deal direct with prosthesis supplier (if one is needed) rather than buying it for you and marking up the price.  

Don't know if they do MRI's there -- if in fact that's what you need -- but there are places he can send you.  Speaks good enough English if you need it.   Appts. Mon - Fri 10 - 2 and 4 - 7      Office 01 33 3813 3006                   

On 6/7/2018 at 9:29 AM, Natasha said:

Dr. Jose Miguel Huerta (ortho/trauma)did my hip replacement 8 weeks ago.  I cannot say enough good things about this doctor.  Also, even though he has an office in hospital Del Carmen (expensive) he is perfectly happy to use Hospital Santisima Trinidad for surgical procedures.  Did mine there and saved me a BUNDLE and it was EXCELLENT in every way.  Plus that hospital allows you to deal direct with prosthesis supplier (if one is needed) rather than buying it for you and marking up the price.  

Don't know if they do MRI's there -- if in fact that's what you need -- but there are places he can send you.  Speaks good enough English if you need it.   Appts. Mon - Fri 10 - 2 and 4 - 7      Office 01 33 3813 3006                   

Always good to hear alternative locations are available etc...Would you care to share the cost of this procedure, PM me if you wish

Just as a qualifier, there are 2 Dr. Gonzalez at Maskaras; junior and senior; we prefer senior but ..... senior has done many, many hips, knees, shoulders for the expat community lakeside. Takes appointments Fridays and Saturdays.

Archived